question

abdmasoud avatar image
abdmasoud asked

VE.Bus BMS block turning on and of the MultiPlus [solved]

Hello it seems that visiting this page to find a solution for different issues with the system becoming a ritual.

After looking in the Internet I was able to find many people are facing this problem but no where was able to find any solution for this matter.

On the other hand, I am happy that I am not the only one who suffer with the installed system

System is running ok and despite that the battery is charged or having over 90% of charge the alarm is showing from time to time stating low battery, why do I get such an alarm in this case?

I am not able to switch the multiplus from the Victron touch display. A message pop up stating that the VE.Bus BMS blocking this function and I do have to disconnect the VE.Bus BMS and restart the system.

I will add a different screen shot of the English error once I have connection.

20230915-232444.jpg

I am not sure why do I have to disconnect the VE.Bus BMS from the system in this case.

In between I was trying to reset the system but without any positive changes? Where I can start eliminating the problem?

I hope some one from Victron can spot a light on this issue, statin why Victron component can not communicate with each other and do create an conflict in the system.

My system is mounted under the seat and I do not have the wish to turn on and off manually.

I can not see why the Victron dealer was accepting to sell cerpo gx and Victron touch if I can not use them in this combination?

Appreciate any assistance

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Yes, this is by design due to the constraints of the operation of the original VE.Bus BMS - see the BMS Overview Datasheet
The VE.Bus BMS V2 resolves that behavior, though indeed it is not a fault but simply an operational constraint.
bms.png

bms.png (109.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abdmasoud avatar image abdmasoud commented ·

Thank you dear for the clarification, the dealer was contacting me and hopefully they will change the BMS to another one i guess maybe the V” which you mentioned in your answer.

It was really frustrating not to be able to control the system remotely from the touch screen or from the app.

Kind regards for your answer

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic