question

bunyip2023 avatar image
bunyip2023 asked

Smart Shunt history ONLY when permanently connected on blue tooth

I appear to lose history every time I walk away from the device. Am I correct in understanding that if I want to retain history over time I either have to have a blue tooth enabled device permanently on board or buy additional Victron gear to connect to the internet, or some other way perhaps?

Thanks

SmartShuntBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

When connecting with bluetooth, the data on the Trends tab should be logged for about 45 days. These data are only visible when connecting with bluetooth. If you connect via VRM and a GX device, the data are not visible. In other words, the only way to access these data is via bluetooth.

If you connect exclusively with bluetooth, and you are not getting data on the Trends tab logged, you either have very old firmware, or something is wrong with your smartshunt.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Trend data should be visible in VRM advanced, but not so nicely arranged.
0 Likes 0 ·
bunyip2023 avatar image
bunyip2023 answered ·

Thanks, I'll take another look at the Trends tab, they didn't seem to be making useful sense.Is the data retained in the Smart Shunt unit itself? Or is there a gap when the phone (bluetooth) is not connected?

Thanks

tony

1 comment
2 |3000

The trends data is stored in the Bluetooth module component of the SmartShunt.

There shouldn’t be a gap between connecting the phone.

2 Likes 2 ·