question

hmurmur avatar image
hmurmur asked

Can I connect a PIR(IR motion sensor) to the Cerbo GX via an input port?

I would like to add a motion sensor to the Cerbo GX

can I use the following device from amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KH1YWT1/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can I connect to the Cerbo GX via one of the digital inputs on the "bottom" and configure for door alarm or similar?

alarmsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Yes, but the Cerbo digital inputs work best with just an on off switch, the voltage they can accept is quite low. Therefore, wire the output from your PIR to the coil side of a 12V or 24V relay depending on your operating voltage. Then connect the output contacts of the relay to the cerbo digital input.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

A normal PIR (Not the one you linked) has an alarm output that is a dry contact relay that is simply "Open or Closed"

2 |3000

paros avatar image
paros answered ·

Please advise, which low power consumption motion sensor (battery operated?) will work with Cerbo GX (if possible through Bluetooth or in other case with cable connected).

2 |3000

paros avatar image
paros answered ·

Does the digital input on the Cerbo GX require voltage or does it want open/closed circuit (like taking each end of a cable to each connection on the digital input of the Cerbo GX)?

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
The digital input can take a voltage but this is limited to 3.3V I believe, it will be specified in the documentation somewhere. However, it will also work without a voltage just wiring a switch between the two terminals of the digital input will activate it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic