question

forcerk avatar image
forcerk asked

PV Inverter adding to AC Load

Hello all,

I'm running an Raspberry Venus OS installation for testing prior to actually investing into the hardware as a proof of concept. I don't understand right now why my PV Inverter is either not shown on the system or adding to the AC Load.

Let me give you some more details.

This diagram is really close to what I do have in my mind to build.
1693405352517.png

I do have a Solar System by SMA (Sunny Home Manager 2 and Tripower three phase inverter). Now I want to add the batterie with a Multiplus II GX.

With my test Raspberry installation I do get the Sunny Home Manager 2 data via this Git project: https://github.com/c0deliner/venus-homemanager

The SMA Tripower is connected via Modbus to the VenusOS.

From my understanding the PV Inverter needs to be setup to the "AC Input 1" postion. But then it is not shown at the diagram at all.
1693405773296.png

However when I set it to the position "AC Output" it will show up. But it is adding to the AC Loads which is not correct.

1693405842956.png

I've found another post that is close to my case here and they needed to set the PV Inverster to the correct phase. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/144490/loads-wrong.html

In my case I can't edit this option as it is fixed to "Multiphase".

I hope someone can point me in the right direction because I'm out of ideas at this moment.

Multiplus-IIRaspberry Pimultiple inverters
1693405352517.png (280.3 KiB)
1693405773296.png (27.0 KiB)
1693405842956.png (36.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
forcerk avatar image
forcerk answered ·

Could it be that I'm running a test without actually having a Multiplus II right now?

Because in the settings of the PV Inverter I can only select one AC Out and two AC In while the Multiplus does have one AC In and two AC Out.

So once I do have a physical Multiplus II GX I can then select AC In and it is actually shown correct in the Remote and VRM.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

So once I do have a physical Multiplus II GX

Not sure about your test, but I want to comment on the quoted part.

Since you have a Raspberry Pi with Venus OS as a GX device, if you decide to buy, don't get a Multiplus II GX. Get a normal/plain Multiplus II (without GX).

Even if you don't plan to use that Raspberry Pi as a GX device, in my opinion better still get a plain Multiplus II and a separate GX device (such as Cerbo GX).

0 Likes 0 ·