question

completeelectrical avatar image
completeelectrical asked

solar priority

We have a very unstable grid supply and around 3kw of solar. We generally run around 2kwh so I want to prioritise solar as the main source and then grid so as not to deplete my batteries when grid is actually available. We are not allowed to feed back to the grid so not sure ESS is the best option seeing as I already make use of the virtual switch for load shedding. Would I be able to configure something with Node RED to achieve this.

We run a 5Kva Multiplus II with a Cerbo and MPPT 150/100

Node-REDsolaress settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

ESS doesn't feed back unless you set it to. It is the best way to control consumption.

Virtual switches have to be removed but you can use nodered to automate switching the inverter mode, which is likely easier than trying to create a DIY ESS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marv2097 avatar image
marv2097 answered ·

You may be able to do this with the ESS minimum SOC value. This is handy when you expect the grid to be unstable. You could try setting this to a higher value so that you have plenty of spare battery capacity if grid is down but some buffering to allow excess solar to be stored.

My install has this set low so that battery is depleted to 10% but you may want something between 60-80% at a guess.

1693401411017.png

1693401411017.png (29.7 KiB)
2 |3000