question

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh asked

VictronConnect V5.94 for Mac Update Greyed Out

VictronConnect Update V 5.94 is greyed out in the App Store. App Store says "Not compatible with this device".

I am using a 2023 16" MacBook Pro M2 Max and Ventura 13.5.1.

Under the Compatibility section of the App Store, it says that VictronConnect "Requires a Mac running macOS 10.12.0 or later with an Intel 64-bit processor". I had no issue with Updating VictronConnect to V 5.93. What is wrong?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

These machines have apple, not Intel processors.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Doesn't matter
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Not sure the issue you are having.

Runs perfectly on M1/M2 macs, mine updated fine as per usual and I am on Sonoma.

screenshot-2023-08-30-at-063948.png

Perhaps try fully remove and reinstall it, looks like it is trying to install the wrong architecture.

Did you by chance do a migration (with the apple tools) from an old intel mac to this M2 recently?

If so, I suspect, the complete removal and reinstall could fix it.

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Thanks nickdb. I did exactly that - complete removal with AppCleaner and reinstall. App Store does not find VictronConnect when I search. If I go to App Store/Store/Account, I can find VictronConnect in my Purchased Apps, but download cloud is greyed out and I cannot reinstall VictronConnect. I do not have this issue with any other Updates, and nor did I have it when I updated to v5.93 a few days ago.

The only way that I can reinstall VictronConnect now is from my Time Machine backup, but again, it cannot be updated.

It could be my Internet connection. I am in New Caledonia and using a prepaid OTC SIM card in my iPhone and Personal Hotspot to my MBP. The prepaid SIM seems to ban anything to do with the iCloud Server. If I go ashore and log onto a good WIFI connection, then iCloud works perfectly. I will go ashore tomorrow and see if good WIFI fixes my issue.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 08.37.17.png

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Incidentally, VictronConnect v5.94 updated on my iPhone and iPad OK. As I said, I updated to v5.93 ok on my Mac, and no problems with other updates on the App Store - why is v5.94 a problem?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If you are mobile, it may be a size restriction via wireless.

The app is fine, something on the mac, configuration or access is preventing it downloading.

M2 is supported.

Have you tried to sign out of the app store and back in again?

I have had some strange app store behaviour a while ago, but that was usually on early betas of mac os.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Yes, have signed out and in to the App Store - no change. Cannot connect to iCloud.com or anything on System Settings that connects to the iCloud Server if using iPhone Mobile Data. Not a problem if connected by strong WIFI. I think this is the reason I cannot update VictronConnect v5.94. Anyway, I will find out tomorrow when I can connect to a WIFI Access Point.

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

iPhone Mobile Data in New Caledonia was the problem. For some reason, the ISP blocks iCloud with prepaid SIM cards. No troubles updating after connecting to good wifi connection.

2 |3000

Related Resources