question

brusko avatar image
brusko asked

Smart Battery protect 48/100 does not switch off

Hello,

unfortunately I have a problem with my Smart Battery Protect. I installed this in my system and wanted to test it. If there is undervoltage / overvoltage, it shows me in the app and also e.g. E3 on the device to which it switches off but it does not switch off. No matter how long I wait.

I can't see a hardware reset anywhere, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and regards

Michael

Smart Battery Sense
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
What do you have connected to the output of the BP?
0 Likes 0 ·
brusko avatar image brusko Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I have a 500W / 48V heating element to test it and a 60A diode in the flow direction to be on the safe side.

An inverter or rectifier shouldn't be there. According to instructions. Fuse DC 16A.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you try to switch it on/off manually via VictronConnect and the remote terminal with/without load?

If that also doesn't work you have to contact your Victron dealer.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brusko avatar image brusko commented ·

sorry, i should have said that. Yes, I've also tried it remotely via the plug. the app says that it turns off but it doesn't do it.

Unfortunately, that is the problem, the dealer also reports my e-mails and does not call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ brusko commented ·
Try this:

https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

Victron will contact the original distributor and he has to answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
brusko avatar image brusko Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

OK thank you. I'll wait until Thursday while I've given the dealer time. Was hoping I was just missing something.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual