question

larryb avatar image
larryb asked

VictronConnect and Multiplus with MK3

I am totally confused. I seem to read that I can connect to my Multiplus with VictronConnect through my new MK3-USB(it is recognized and updated), but it shows No Device. Works fine with VictronConfigure. I have not downloaded the Beta, is that why? Any reason to even use Connect?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Unless something has changed, you need a Venus device (color control GX, Venus GX, ect) to connect.

EDIT: I need my coffee. I read that as VRM.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

larryb avatar image larryb commented ·

The Connect manual indicates that you can connect to a Multi with the MK3, but a bit more reading infers that the Beta version might be needed. I cannot tell and that is why I am asking. Thanks

Larry

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight larryb commented ·

I need coffee. I thought you meant VRM. My mistake. I'm not sure about using the windows version of Victron Connect with the MK3.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

UPDATE -

VE.Bus / vebus MultiPlus programming is now supported with VictronConnect -

https://docs.victronenergy.com/victronconnect-vebus.html

OLD MESSAGE -

Yes, making changes on a MultiPlus with an MK3 in VictronConnect is a feature that is currently in a public beta.

It is still recommended to use VE Configure for now.

If you wish to try the beta in a suitable test system, you can find out more here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

3 comments
2 |3000

njsarn avatar image njsarn commented ·

Hello Guy, I have a Multiplus 12/2000/80-50 12V . Can I use a VE Direct to USB cable with VE Configure SW? Or do I need to use MK3 to USB cable (awfully expensive).

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ njsarn commented ·

The Multiplus C 12/2000/80 don't have VE.Direct. You need a MK3.

0 Likes 0 ·
njsarn avatar image njsarn Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you much.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources