question

tslewis99 avatar image
tslewis99 asked

Victron Connect -- sign in to VRM not working

Victron Connect Ver 5.92 on Windows 11, Chrome and Edge.

I installed Victron Connect on a new machine and tried to Sign in / Authorize with VRM. I get the authorize dialog in VRM and the popup to allow the web browser to open Victron Connect but nothing happens. If I close Victron Connect before I click on authorize in VRM and then open in the browser it does open Victron Connect but nothing happens.

I went to a working install and signed out of VRM in the Victron Connect app and now it will not authorize either. I have tried two different VRM logins and both exhibit the same problem.

This leads me to believe there may be a problem with the current version of Victron Connect. I am hoping someone can replicate the problem. Is there a different way to get an authorization into Victron Connect?

Tim

VictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dad avatar image dad commented ·
Same issue on win10 with new VC installation...
0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi again all,

Per VictronConnect v5.95, we fixed more issues with the VRM connection on windows installs.

It is now all fixed; and tested.

Further details in the changelogs:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta#changelog

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks for the clear report @TSLewis99,

I have asked for a VictronConnect dev to look into it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @TSLewis99

Good news, the developer thinks they have found the issue and are working on a fix now. Hopefully available shortly.

0 Likes 0 ·
dad avatar image
dad answered ·

Same issue on win10 VC new installation...

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey all, thank you for reporting! Fixed per v5.93; released today.

2 |3000

dad avatar image
dad answered ·

Not exactly after reinstallation v5.94 another... 2 separate fotov installations same error...

vcnew-error.png

vcnew-error.png (161.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
We’ll look into this and get back to you!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources