question

richardavey avatar image
richardavey asked

Victron smart Tr 12|12 30 - drawing power when stationary.

Hi,

I have a converted van, which I bought ready converted, the work done by a company not a home/self job. The victron smart tr 12 |12 30 is set up and had worked fine until my van went in to get the starter motor replaced.

It now draws 0.25v when on standby which has been draining my starter battery when we park up for 24hrs.

I have an isolator switch set up externally to the unit which I can turn on when driving and off when stationary which seems to work. But when reading the manual I understand it should only be drawing 0.08v. I wondered if anyone could shed light on this for me? The starter battery set up looks the same as when I first purchased the vehicle.

To note, I am learning the van set up 'on the job' so layman's terms, where possible, would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

input current
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Guessing that you mean 0.25A, not V.

It won't do that unless it's switched itself on. To trace it further we'd need to know how/where you're measuring the current and see screen shots of the battery settings, the engine detection settings and know how the L & H pins are wired.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic