question

Lars Filusch avatar image
Lars Filusch asked

VRM ext. control

hey,

two systems both BMS controlled with DVCC.

no. 1 has a 123smart BMS

no. 2 Pylontech

all MPPTs under external control (Connect App)

but on VRM No. 2 ext. control is missing.

i´m asking because i have trouble with system no 2, MPPTs stopp charging every day for no reason at noon.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/223489/smartsolar-mppt-vecan-15070-stops-charging.htmlhttps://community.victronenergy.com/questions/223489/smartsolar-mppt-vecan-15070-stops-charging.html

bildschirmfoto-2023-08-18-um-090725.pngbildschirmfoto-2023-08-18-um-090746.png

VRM
16 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
My MPPTs are on External Control, because I use ESS. If I open the MPPTs in VictronConnect, they show "External Control".

But in VRM dashboard, "External Control" tag is not shown in my system either.

So check how they appear in VictronConnect.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lars Filusch avatar image Lars Filusch seb71 commented ·
as i mention in my post,

all MPPTs under external control via checking the connect app.

both system w/o ESS.

the difference are the BMS, Venus device and the MPPTs.

Pylontech with 150/70 CAN

123BMS with 100/20

the 123BMS works perfect ( raspberry pi)

the MPPTs with Pylontech w/o the "ext. control" in VRM stopp charging for no reason (cerbo gx).

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 Lars Filusch commented ·

Have you checked the cell voltages when the charging is stopped?

---

Look in VRM advanced at "Solar charger summary" widget which state is displayed.

0 Likes 0 ·

yes, bildschirmfoto-2023-08-17-um-095537.png

0 Likes 0 ·

And cell voltages?

0 Likes 0 ·
not able to take a look to the cells, only pack voltage and temp.

I know cerbo shut show cell voltage but it doesn't. maybe older fw on the pylontech. But there is no current or voltage limitation. i did a factory reset on both mppt´s, and reset the parameters as before, until now both are charging full power. fingers crossed. but why the VRM overview ext. control is missing?

0 Likes 0 ·

but why the VRM overview ext. control is missing?

I don't know.

It's missing on my system, too on the VRM Dashboard, like I said (but present in VRM Advanced, like in your case).

there is no current or voltage limitation

A BMS can stop the charge if just one cell gets to a voltage which is too high. The battery voltage can be in normal limits.

0 Likes 0 ·

A BMS can stop the charge if just one cell gets to a voltage which is too high. The battery voltage can be in normal limits.

i know, but should we see a voltage limit to stopp charging? if charge voltage is equal to pack voltage there is no more current flowing in to the battery, but still supply to all loads.

0 Likes 0 ·

You said that you don't use ESS, but do you have grid there?

I am thinking to use the inverter/charger to charge the battery, to rule out (or confirm) a battery issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
it's a expedition truck.

Yes charging with the multiplus from grid works as expected without any problems until batterie is 100% SOC.
0 Likes 0 ·

You have DVCC on, right?

It appears that the MPPTs receive the command to turn off for some reason. They don't just reduce the output.

When in "External Control", the MPPTs are controlled by the Pylontech battery (via Cerbo GX) in your case.

Can you post screenshots from DVCC and from Pylontech sub-menus in Cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ·
DVCC is on, can't turn it off because pylontech BMS is connected. nothing else is activated in DVCC submenu. MPPTs more ore less off, 4-10W not completely off. Pylontech submenu is very limited, SOC, pack temp., pack voltage, current that's it, no cell voltages. Internet is extremely slow, no remote console possible at the moment. I will go to the exmo in a few days.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
0 Answers