question

mezrich avatar image
mezrich asked

Sampling rate

What is the sampling rate (ie how often does it measure the current) of the 500A Smart Shunt?

SmartShunt
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

duncangardiner avatar image duncangardiner commented ·

Hi @Mezrich

The detail you are after is not listed in either the datasheet nor the Manual for a Victron smart shunt. So I have to assume Victron do not think this detail is worth sharing or has no impact on the devices ability to function or they feel it commercial IP and just do not want to share it.

Not being a electronics or math genius. I asked Chat GPT to answer the question of how to calculate a sampling rate of a current measuring device.

<<moderated>>

@Duncan.Gardiner As per our terms, please do not post AI generated answers to questions. If you do not know an answer, rather not respond.

Users who contravene the terms may find themselves suspended.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/210946/new-community-guideline-humans-only-no-aichatgpt.html

<<>>

0 Likes 0 ·
Supra-Halbleiter avatar image Supra-Halbleiter duncangardiner commented ·

Well, in a system with digital monitoring it ultimately depends on the programming of the software/chips. I would say with a question that broad you can't get an answer that is remotely accurate from the AI without many if's.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers