question

john-punch avatar image
john-punch asked

I have a phone connected with Bluetooth to my Smart Dongle. The phone has been lost and I cannot connect my new phone to the dongle presumably because the lost phone is still connected???

Smart Battery Sense
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john-punch avatar image john-punch commented ·

Thanks I got there.

The issue was that the pin reset button needed to be held down 5 secs.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·
  • Make sure you are close enough to the dongle. In open space, a distance of up to approximately 20 meters should work.

• Connection issues might be caused by an incorrect Bluetooth pairing. Try re-pairing by first removing the pairing from the phone: go to your phone's Settings, then click Bluetooth. Click the (i)-icon next to any “VE.Direct LE” device and click “Forget This Device”. Then, open the VictronConnect app again and pull down the Discovery screen to rediscover products. Set the dongle in pairing mode by clicking the button on the dongle, then click the Victron product in the app's Discovery screen. Confirm the pairing and you should now be connected to the dongle.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john-punch avatar image john-punch commented ·

Thanks Ross but this phone hasn’t ever been paired to the dongle so I cannot unpair it

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw john-punch commented ·

Glad you got sorted. I thought setting dongle in pairing mode could help. Good to know how to reset it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual