question

pj-harmse avatar image
pj-harmse asked

MultiPlus 24/3000/70 + Pylontech UP2500 Can + Cerbo GX = GX Error #48 DVCC incompatible Firmware

Hi Guys

I have a MultiPlus 24/3000/70 (Firmware 158)

Cerbo GX (Firmware 3.01)

With a pylontech UP2500

I get a GX Error 48# DVCC with incompatible Firmware warning.

Right after this error the inverter gets low battery warning and the system reboots.

I also have high voltage warning, but I understand this as the cells needs to balance.

Anyone know how to fix this?

screenshot-2023-08-12-13-42-26-314-comandroidchrom.jpg

screenshot-2023-08-12-13-42-35-698-comandroidchrom.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Some more pictures for context.

screenshot-2023-08-12-13-47-58-856-comandroidchrom.jpg

screenshot-2023-08-12-13-48-24-110-comandroidchrom.jpg

screenshot-2023-08-12-13-48-34-869-comandroidchrom.jpg

screenshot-2023-08-12-13-49-20-961-comandroidchrom.jpg

screenshot-2023-08-12-13-49-31-561-comandroidchrom.jpg

Regards

cerbo gxPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

Maybe a newer Firmware for your GX ?

And reduce your DVCC Voltage for the Pylontech !!!

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pj-harmse avatar image pj-harmse commented ·
GX is on its latest firmware, Suppliers recommend the charging voltage to be 28.4v

What would you recommend it being? It's a 24 battery?

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange pj-harmse commented ·

Pylontechs dont like such a high Voltage.

Do you use the DC cuppled Feed In ?

Is the 2500 24V a 6,7 or 8S ?

Maybe a 8S ... 3,55V x 8 = 28,4V ?

Try to reduce to a 3,35V Cellvoltage ... 26,8V ... and take a look at the SOC ... Maybe you only reach a 97% ... This will be ok and better for the Pylon

1 Like 1 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 netrange commented ·

Pylontechs dont like such a high Voltage.

That mostly applies for Pylontech 48V (nominal) LiFePO4 batteries, because those have only 15 cells (instead of the usual 16 cells).

As far as I know, all LiFePO4 24V batteries have 8 cells.

28.4V Absorption voltage should be OK if the cells are well balanced. If not, you do need to decrease it (and reduce the charging current) untill the BMS brings the cells at closer levels at the top (when fully charged).

1 Like 1 ·
pj-harmse avatar image pj-harmse seb71 commented ·
What charging voltage would you recommend? 26.8 as @Netrange suggested? i have changed it to 25.6 for now unit the cells has stabilized.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 pj-harmse commented ·

At 25.6V the BMS won't perform any cell ballancing.

For an 8-cell LiFePO4 :

-------

Absorption:

Start from 27.6V.

If no issues, you can gradually increase it to 28V, then 28.4V.

For well matched and ballanced cells the absolute maximum would be 28.8V. But that requires a "perfect" battery.

Note:
Until cells are ballanced at the top, you might have to also reduce the charging current.

-------

Float: 26.8V

0 Likes 0 ·
pj-harmse avatar image pj-harmse seb71 commented ·
Thanks @Seb71 what would you recommend i make the charging current, as suppliers recommend 55A.

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 pj-harmse commented ·

I can't say a specific value. If you get high voltage alarms even with lowered charging voltage, then reduce the charging current too, until you no longer get those alarms.

Monitor the cell voltages during a few charge/discharge cycles and when you see that the cell voltages start to get closer when the battery is near full, you can increase the charging voltage and/or current.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @PJ Harmse

Your Multi's 158 fw is ancient, and probably causing all your issues. The latest is like 506, and should help greatly. There's also this article which specs a min well above 158.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

6 comments
2 |3000

pj-harmse avatar image pj-harmse commented ·
Hi @JohnC is there a way to update the firmware of the multiplus via the Cerbo GX? Or do you need to connect directly to the unit to accomplish this?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ pj-harmse commented ·
@PJ Harmse

It *might* be possible via VRM portal, and that's worth a look because it's so easy. If it says no, you'll need a pc and a MK3/usb dongle to do it locally. Take a look on the Victron website >Downloads for VE.Flash software and the instructions on how to use it. Approach this with respect, you'll need to be careful following the steps.

0 Likes 0 ·
pj-harmse avatar image pj-harmse JohnC ♦ commented ·
Thanks @JohnC it does not seem like it is possible via the VRM portal.
0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange pj-harmse commented ·
You can do this via VRM Portal ... Devicelist ... Check for Firmware Update

The Multi will be switched off during the Update !!! Youre Communication Device must be plugged in a independent Powersource ... Not supported by the ACOut !!!

0 Likes 0 ·
pj-harmse avatar image pj-harmse netrange commented ·
@Netrange no option available to update the multiplus. The cerbo gx is powered from the battery. Question, i am sure during the installation the system asked to update the multiplus, and i did proceed with the update (i might be totally mistaken) do you think the update will take effect after a reboot?
0 Likes 0 ·
pj-harmse avatar image pj-harmse pj-harmse commented ·
Please ignore my last message. Found the device list update option. But no possible.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

According to your screenshots, your Multiplus is 2612, so that's one with the new microprocessor.

You should be able to upgrade the firmware to the latest. Check the manuals for details.

Upgrading via VRM requires at least 426 as a minimum version to start from. You have 158.

3 comments
2 |3000

netrange avatar image netrange commented ·

Screenshot ... Have overseen it

This is really an old FW :o

The first of its kind perhaps :)

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 netrange commented ·
Almost the oldest. The firmware changelog starts from 150.
0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange seb71 commented ·
And still working :)

Old Republic MultiPlus :o

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

You need a MK3 Interface and a "direct connection" via VE Bus RJ45 Connector LAN Cable

2 |3000