question

wb2 avatar image
wb2 asked

High Voltage alarm error message 512

Dears,

In the last week i installed 5 units LFP HS 51200 (delong) 10 kWh each with BMS. 1 unit is master when it comes to BMS. With 3 MPII 5000 3 phase system And MPPT. Everything looks OK however when charging is almost done I do get every time Battery monitor 512 error High Voltage. Battery uses Pylontech Protocol as to be seen. UPon advice inverter values were set a little lower. Charge values not. During set up DVCC was enabled by the pylontech protocol.

Some units go in OV and OVP and I gues this causes the BMS error. In DVCC I changed the max load voltage below the voltage as on the CERBO. No Luck.

I can‘t figger out what to do unfortunate. Help is Much appreciated

Arwen

image.png

image.png

img-0161.png

img-1463.png

img-1462.jpeg

img-1379.jpeg

battery chargingBMSerrorovervoltage
img-1463.png (133.8 KiB)
img-1462.jpeg (209.1 KiB)
img-1379.jpeg (611.7 KiB)
image.png (2.2 MiB)
image.png (2.2 MiB)
img-0161.png (813.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

512 is not an error code, it is the ID of the BMS.

High voltage alarms are common on new batteries, it is being sent by the BMS to the inverter.

There is nothing victron can do about this.

You need to follow whichever procedure the battery manufacturer recommends for installing/balancing the battery.

Did you make sure they all had the same level of charge?

Did you leave them connected but the inverter off until they all showed a similar level of charge?

Lowering the max CVL can some times make a difference, but generally this is a normal error for a new battery and it should be left on full charge for a number of days to settle. It will eventually sort itself out.

This isn't a supported battery so there is no documented guide for it, nor any additional help available.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wb2 avatar image
wb2 answered ·

Hello Nick,

Many thanks and indeed followed the instructions of the supplier. Batteries all have same Level of charge.

Will switch inverter off and have batteries fully charged For next days.

THANKS

2 |3000

wb2 avatar image
wb2 answered ·

HI @nickdb

Me again and is it sufficient to switch in cerbo to ‘ keep batteries charged’ and keep physical MP switch on charge and invert?

Or do I’ve to switch physical to charge only? Else I’ll lose my critical load output. Thanks again

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Just change ESS mode to keep charged. That is all that is needed.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources