question

peterepeat avatar image
peterepeat asked

Error: Bulk, Absorption and Float flashing

Hi all,

in my three-phase-system (3x Multiplus II 48/3000) one single Multiplus (L2 phase) stopped working last night. Instantly after powering on this Multiplus, LED indicators "bulk", "absorption" and "float" start flashing. The other two Multiplus switch to Startup-State.

20230811-130104.jpg

Searching for a hint in documentation and this forum I still don't have a clue how to fix this.

As the three-phase-system worked for about 10 months now without changing a thing I wonder what caused this error and how to fix it?

Appreciating your comments!

Cheers, Peter

Multiplus-IIerror
20230811-130104.jpg (331.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
peterepeat avatar image
peterepeat answered ·

My dealer sugested to re-install the Firmware using VE.Flash (and not Victron Connect) and it worked. The error is gone, my three-phase-system is working again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Acording to the Victron Toolkit phone app, that LED sequence means "Hardware or EEPROM error":

Note: These three LEDs also blink during programming of the assistants with VEConfigure3. There is no error in that case.

If all other cases this indicates an error and the system will be off. The reason is one of the following:

Typically occurs when firmware has been updated with an older version of VEFlash. To recover, see the VEConfigure3 requirements PDF .

Can also occur during startup when data in the EEPROM is corrupted. In some cases this can be solved by connecting to VEConfigure.

In case this error appeared at random (not directly after a firmware update) and cannot be 'repaired' with VEConfigure there is a hardware or calibration error. Contact Victron service.

2 |3000

peterepeat avatar image
peterepeat answered ·

Thank you @Seb71 for your comment

I connected using "VE Bus System Configurator" showing this error information, only on L2 inverter:

20230813-vebussystemconfig-errorinfo.png20230813-vebussystemconfig.png

The system cabeling worked for months. As the three inverters are daisy chained and the last inverter L3 does not show an error, the interface cabeling for the middle inverter L2 can not be so bad, can it?

"Victron Connect" showed the same error #10 as "VE Bus System Configurator" did.

"VE Configure 3" does not show an error at all:

20230813-veconfigure3-l2.png

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can try to reset the unit to stand-alone but I guess you have to contact your dealer for warranty.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic