question

mark-leckenby avatar image
mark-leckenby asked

2 x Mutiplus II 5KW in parallel with ESS

I have 2 x Multiplus II 5kW inverters in parallel and configured as ESS with 5kW solar DC coupled and 12 kWh Lithium battery on DVCC. There is an external CT fitted to measure the combined AC1 Input / export. There is a problem in that the system is not using the battery at all when the grid is connected to AC1. Can anyone help with this setup?

Multiplus-IIESSmultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mikebamber avatar image
mikebamber answered ·

Is the load on the AC out or on on the grid side (in parallel with AC in)?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mark-leckenby answered ·

Hi Mike, the load is on the AC out side.

2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Mark Leckenby, if you disconnect the CT sensor, what happens when you have a load on the AC out? Does the inverter kick in and start matching the loads?

Out of curiosity, why do you have a CT sensors on the AC in your loads are on the AC-out?

1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@Mark Leckenby I only have a single Multiplus II GX unit but when I had my CT sensor plugged in when I first set it up, the system wouldn't operate. After many hours of messing around, and a lot of help, we found out that having the CT sensor on AUX1 stopped the inverter charger. As soon as we unplugged it, it work correctly. As all my loads are on the AC ou1, I had no need for the sensor anyway so kept it removed.

1691656675983.png

If you do have loads on the AC in side of the multiplus, then youll need the CT sensor if you want power assist to work and power your loads on the AC in side as well as the loads on the AC out.

1691656796262.png

This may not be your issue both worth checking to confirm. Please let us know what the issue is once you have resolved it.

0 Likes 0 ·
1691656675983.png (148.9 KiB)
mark-leckenby answered ·

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply. This is the first parallel system we've done with ESS and I thought the CT was necessary to set the ESS mode up to export balance power to the grid. If this is not necessary, perhaps it is creating the problem. I will ask the technical to remove the CT and advise what happens.

2 |3000