question

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie asked

Logging to the VRM portal no longer works

My system no longer sends data to the VRM portal;

Also, Remote port number how to add a number as it is showing 0 not the normal port numbers to acces the VRM portal.

this happened after a ver 2.22 update

VRMCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi its not important. you only need this when there an escalated support ticket.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

So how do i reconnect to the VRM again after the ver 2.22 update, as i have tried all settings as per VRM setup etc. as the port number use to be 51878 and is now 0.

I have access via my own internal network is OK i can view it via my internal web page.

So what to do next ,do i am being blocked by your VRM portal do i need a support ticket

or do i delete my account and start again, which i tried but would not allow me to do?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi Rob,

Could you please post the number in the URL of the VRM, and I can have a look for you.

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/xxxxx/

Eg the number where the xxxxx's are.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey Rob and Guy,

Sorry to hear logging stopped.

The procedure that Rob can best folkow is documented here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:troubleshooting_ccgx_vrm_connectivity

And:

- that site was running v2.30~6; an experimental version. I really don’t know what effect that has if you install a new one. Could be no effect; could be a lot of effect. Please don’t use versions from develop and testing feed from now on.

So if above procedure can’t help you; then do a reinstall on that rpi.

See also here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:beta-testing

3 comments
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

I have followed the setup as above still refuses to connect due the port number not changing from 0.

It was working OK on version 2.30-6 and ver 2.30-8 which i have being testing OK, until i installed a update which changed it to Ver 2.22. All other function are OK etc.

I had a backup SD card ver 2.30-6 and used that and it still works OK on the VRM portal still. very odd that the Ver 2.22 stopped the VRM. I might have to erase that version and start again and reload from stratch, unless you can point to were in the code file the remote port number can be changed etc?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi, that port number is not related. It’s about something else entirely

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok thanks, i will reload a fresh version of 2.22 and see how it goes etc.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources