question

hansvm avatar image
hansvm asked

Unable in Node-Red to stop charging on EV Charging Station in Charging State "3-Charged"

I use node-red to activate my EV Charging Station via the Cebro GX, because I want to be able to determine automatically when and with how much power my car is charged based on various factors.

To start with I have set the charging mode to manual. And when I connect the car to the EV Charging Station, the status changes to "6" (Waiting for start).

Starting charging works fine. I do this by sending "1" (Start) to node-red object "EV-Charger | Start/stop charging (manual mode)".

When I want to stop charging (status at that moment is "2" - Charging), I do the same instruction with Node-Red. Only then by sending "0" (Stop) to node-red object "EV-Charger | Start/stop charging (manual mode)". The EV Charging State then changes back to status "6" (Waiting for start).

screenshot-from-2023-08-06-22-00-37.png

So that is all fine, when the car is still charging (So not 100% full). The EV Charging Station Status on that moment is "2" (Charging).

But when the car is charged to 100%, the EV Charging Station has status "3" (Charged). When I then want to stop charging by sending "0" (Stop) to node-red object "EV-Charger | Start/stop charging (manual mode)", nothing happens and the EV Charging Station Status remains at " 3" (Charged) stand and EV Charger | Start/stop charging (manual mode) also remains at status "1" (Start).

It does work to stop charging via the EV Charging Station's Web interface by clicking the "Stop" button.

screenshot-from-2023-08-06-22-18-41.png

As additional information, the setting "Contactor active when charged" is set to "Active", so that the car's air conditioning/heating is started via the EV Charging Station, even when the battery is 100% full.

screenshot-from-2023-08-06-22-41-52.png

Can it be solved that "EV-Charger | Start/stop charging (manual mode)" accepts value "0" (Stop) and then EV Charging Station stop charging, when EV Charging Station Status is "3" (Charged)?

cerbo gxNode-REDev charging station
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, I'll have to check this and get back to you. It should work, if it's not, we will solve it.

0 Likes 0 ·
motylu avatar image motylu Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Hello @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) !

Do you already have some result of function check? Because I had a problem with Zoe, maybe related to same problem, see description below.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
motylu avatar image
motylu answered ·

Hi @Hansvm and @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) !

did you solve the problem? Because maybe I had related problem with Renault Zoe. I sold the car to my colleague, who has now similar problem. I am waiting for VW ID.3, so I am not able to continue with testing with Zoe, but it is possible with my colleague, who has also Victron based PV system with EVCS.

The problem with charging Zoe is, that if you start charging in Manual mode for example in the evening and left Zoe charging over the night, when you come back to Zoe in the morning, Zoe is fully charged and EVCS is in Charged state. Zoe automatically unlocks (due to keyless entry) and error messages "Charging impossible" and "Check charging station" appears - in my opinion Zoe also unlocks charging cable from the vehicle (but this is not described in the car manual, it is only my opinion) and EVCS is at this moment only in Charged state, but not in Stop state (STOP signal is not seen by the vehicle from the EVCS = appropriate PWM amplitude and duty cycle) and then error messages appears. Because when I unlock the cable by car key (only the locking mechanism inside the car charging connector, not disconnecting the cable from the car charging connector) during charging then the same situation occurs - stop charging and error messages appears.

Is this behaviour possible? Does EVCS set PWM control signal to appropriate duty cycle corresponds to Stop state when is in Charged state?

Is there anyone with the same experiences? Because of course another strange behaviour is described here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/235235/only-on-delayed-charging-ev-charger-says-charged-b.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.