question

edurland avatar image
edurland asked

Why is my multiplus 3000w working but not charging the batteries shore power?

I've just installed my multi plus 3000w inverter which will provide AC power while the solar panels have sun. Once the sun goes down, the batteries read as dead. But even connected to shore power, the batteries won't accept the shore power. I ordered the Bluetooth device which gives hardly any options other than changing the amps and turning the machine off and on.

1000000806.png

multiple inverters
1000000806.png (113.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

Bluetooth device (ve bus smart dongle )which gives hardly any options other than changing the amps and turning the machine off and on. The ve bus smart dongle is for monitor operation and also operate the system: change the input current limit as well as switch between Off, On and Charger-only modes.

MK3-USB is required to change settings and perform firmware updates and settings. And, as that requires a USB port, it is not possible to change inverter/charger configuration or perform firmware updates on a Apple iPad or iPhone.

will need to check the set up of your multiplus 3000VA -2400w as it my not enabled for charging or right battery type or not enabled for grid or shore power or your dno set up A lot setting will to need to be check and changed so maybe necessary for you to work with a Victron dealer to help with the set up

15296-VE_Bus_Configuration_guide-pdf-en.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic