question

Yennenga avatar image
Yennenga asked

Smartshunt - I don't understand readings

screenshot-2023-07-31-10-49-14-109-comvictronenerg.jpgSorry if this has been answered I did search:

I have 4 x 90Ah batteries in parallel.

My Shunt reading is attached hereto. I don't understand what "current" means. Should it not read 360Ah or near that if the battery is fully charged?

I have 850W panels in full sun. All day I only run a tiny fridge of 40W and maybe an hour of laptop battery charger 30W.

At night I run out of power.

Are my batteries actually fully charged?

screenshot-2023-07-31-10-33-25-658-comvictronenerg.jpg

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Dušan Klofutar avatar image
Dušan Klofutar answered ·

If the batery's are lead acid, then the voltage is too low...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dušan Klofutar avatar image Dušan Klofutar commented ·
The current means, that loads now taking 3,68A from your batteries.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Power in the batteries is measured in amp hours (for the purposes of this explanation). This is current over time. Current is an instantaneous reading. You have 4 x 90 amp hour batteries. At 100% SOC, that's 360 amp hours. It looks as if you batteries aren't being charged properly, despite the 100% reading.

Probably your shunt and charger settings aren't correct. What devices do you use overnight. What's the current draw of each.

It would help if you give us screen shots of the battery settings in the shunt and charger(s). Also the battery type.

2 |3000