question

buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt asked

DVCC shared current sensor not working

Still have this problem and dont know, what to do:

I have 2 MPPTs connected to a Rasp Venus 2.94 and DVCC switched on, a LiFepo4 with DIYBMS connected with CAN, it is a island setup with a Phoenix Inverter.

If the DIYBMS reduce the current for balancing, then this current is the total current, including all consumers such as the Phoenix.
So, the MPPTs supply exactly the current that the BMS requests, but without subtracting the loads. Of course, the BMS has a current sensor, so Venus knows what exactly is going into the battery.
I have gone through all the settings and am at a loss.

Someone know this problem?

Or can Venus not deduct the consumption current at all?????????

MPPT ControllersBMSPhoenix InverterDVCC
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@buddhafragt

The thing is you have the bms telling the system not to produce as much. So it isn't. If you have load drop off or something similar the battery bank has to take overshoot. It is at the at the point in its charge cycle where it does not want that. The system is following the battery request (this is a good thing)

You could try remove SCS and see if you have the desired result for what you are trying to achieve.

0 Likes 0 ·
buddhafragt avatar image buddhafragt Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hello Alexandra "The system is following the battery request (this is a good thing)"...

The system dont do it (at least not in my case), the BMS tell Venus to load with 2A (for example) but Venus "load" with -6A (for example) because Venus is not able to manage/deduct the loads.

Whether I turn SCS on or off doesn't matter, because Venus ignores the setting for intelligent BMS control and is set to "External control".

unfortunately, it is still not clear to me whether Venus can do this in principle or not. The documentation here is not clear for me

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers