question

saltmarsh avatar image
saltmarsh asked

Begin with a 48v/1200w Phoenix inverter, add Multiplus ii later?

I want to purchase a Phoenix 48/1200 to run a mini split off grid. What components would be necessary to do only this? What components would improve this system? I'd like to start super simple, both due to financial constraints, and because starting simple and then adding on bells and whistles later feels less overwhelming at this point in my learning trajectory.

Later, I would like to purchase a Multiplus ii, either 3000 or 5000, depending on what I end up needing as I see how things go in my tiny house. There seems to be conflicting information on the forums re: whether I can pair a phoenix with a Multiplus. If I can indeed do this, what extra equipment would I need? (A solar rep told me I'd need two separate systems?!)

I am very new to solar, so I hope my questions aren't too silly...

Jen

Multiplus-IIPhoenix Inverteroffgrid
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

conkev23 avatar image conkev23 commented ·

There are many YouTube channels for doing something like this, check out the "Off Grid Garage" out of Australia, he has a setup like you are describing.

Also as mvas said, check with your local Victron dealer.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

Have you already consulted with your local Victron Dealer / Distributor regarding your system design?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saltmarsh avatar image
saltmarsh answered ·

I’ve emailed with a rep but haven’t gotten a clear answer.

2 |3000