question

bart-de-hondt avatar image
bart-de-hondt asked

Victronconnect bluetooth range on samsung a53

Recently all victron bluetooth devices on board are only reachable by victronconnect on my phone when I go as close as 1m from the device

My phone is a Samsung a53 5g. All other bluetooth devices are working perfect from this phone

When using the victronconnect app from my tablet I can see all devices up to 10 m

Probably the issue started with a samsung upgrade.

Any thoughts?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bart-de-hondt answered ·

Problem solved with todays Android update

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. For the Galaxy A33 users on the forum: we can confirm that there is also a new firmware for the A33 which solves the problem.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Bart De Hondt

The latest Android updates of the Samsung Galaxy A33 and Galaxy A53 indeed seem to give problems with Bluetooth Low Energy, which is the Bluetooth variant that our products use and this is just a little bit different than Bluetooth BR/EDR which is used for audio. As far as we could determine, this is not something that we can do anything about, but something that Samsung needs to fix in an Android update.

When you are using the A53 with other Bluetooth devices that do not involve audio, then we would really like to hear what kind of devices. This would give us a possibility to investigate what they might be doing differently.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

bart-de-hondt answered ·

We also have silentwind pro windgenerator on board.

I think the controller is using the same Bluetooth technology and is still reachable from the original distance

2 |3000

Related Resources