question

tomskk avatar image
tomskk asked

Generator charging current on Multiplus II 48/3000/35 with SimpBMS

Can anyone advice how/where to setup the max charging current from generator to battery (Tesla BMS 12S). I have modified the settings in VE.Configure for Multiplus in Charger setting to 35A, and also in SimpBMS - max charge current to 35A, but i only get 25A to charge my batteries via Multiplus.

I have a 8000kW generator single phase, connected to Multiplus ACin.

Is there some other setting that might interrupt my request for 35A ?

screenshot-22.png

Multiplus-IIBMSGenerator
screenshot-22.png (56.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@tomskk can you increase the A/C voltage on your generator? If so, does that make a difference? I believe the charger performance is based on 230v input, 35 amps output at 48v whereas your AC voltage is 224v. I wouldn't expect 6v less to make that much of a difference but worth checking.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marc Heymans avatar image Marc Heymans commented ·

Is it not limited in the GX device, under DVCC or the battery parameters?

0 Likes 0 ·
tomskk avatar image tomskk Marc Heymans commented ·
Under DVCC i can't find any option to increase Amps. BMS is limited to 35A for battery charging. If i disable DVCC in GX then it goes to 35 Amps, but then the system behaves strange.
0 Likes 0 ·
the-doon avatar image
the-doon answered ·

I had a similar issue with my setup. Someone on here suggested I may have had weak AC turned on. Yes I did and this was the cause of my reduced charge current.

2 |3000