question

sebastia avatar image
sebastia asked

How can I interface Third Party "HK-LW-312-20 6.6kW CAN" Chargers with CerboGX?

Hello, I am wondering if it is compatible to connect three "HK-LW-312-20 6,6Kw CAN" third party chargers to the Cerbo GX and then read and write the data through ModbusTCP. If so, would I connect it to the VE-CAN? And which registers would I have to read?

Now I have the chargers connected to the VE-CAN port of the Cerbo GX, but it doesn't recognize the chargers.

The chargers use CAN communication 250kbps and the following CanID's: 0x18FF50E5, 0x1806E5F4.

cerbo gxcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hackerp avatar image
hackerp answered ·

I have the same problem. Trying to connect third party lithium battery chargers to the Cerbo GX but it doesn't recognize them. Connecting it through VE-CAN and trying to read from registers 2307 to 2322 through modbus TCP but doesn't work. Anyone?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
The devices need to support the messaging that Victron uses over CAN. Until then I wouldn't be connecting unsupported devices to the same bus.

Louis, in the modifications section, has a serial driver you can use to try manage the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jan Brož avatar image
Jan Brož answered ·

any progress on this? I would like to connect a MW NPB-1700-24 battery charger to my system to increase grid charging capacity(phoenix chargers are just too expensive).

2 |3000

Related Resources