question

4sarah avatar image
4sarah asked

Fuse and wiring size for Multiplus 2000

I'd really appreciate some advice - completely new to this so apologies if silly question.

I see Victron recommend 70 mm2 cable and a 300amp meg fuse to the Multiplus 12|2000.

I have a 230amp lithium battery (obviously less than 300...)

should I go for a smaller fuse in this case? and what wire size? if length of cable relevant, definitely <5m, probable around 1m

wiringfusesmultiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@4sarah

Keep the wiring size large. 12v systems are notorious for volt drop under load causing other issues. I would get even bigger of it fits.

2000 ÷ 12 is 166A. So your fusing needs to be larger than that or you will have to be carrying spares all the time because of seemingly random blowing.

What nominal discharge amps does the battery bms allow? AH is not the way to look at lithium suitableness for an inverter.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4sarah avatar image 4sarah commented ·

thanks for getting back to me so quickly

max continuous discharge is 200a

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ 4sarah commented ·

Nice bms there then. You should be all set.

0 Likes 0 ·
4sarah avatar image 4sarah Alexandra ♦ commented ·
so I should be fine using 70mm cable and 300 amp mega fuse between multiplus 12|2000 and battery?

and I guess use 70mm from battery to busbars and ground, with a slightly smaller fuse here?

thanks very much for your inout - lots to get my head around!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Wiring Unlimited Book