question

nitrolite avatar image
nitrolite asked

Installing VE. Bus smart dongle

I just installed new smart dongle to my system, but multiplus compact 12/800 is not working with it. Dongle makes bluetooth connection and shows me battery voltage and temperature but when i connect rj45-cable to my multiplus and switch it on, only inverter green light will blink very slowly, and no ac output power. Victron connect app wont notice Multi either, only dongle.

If i remove rj45-cable, inverter works fine.

What i supposed to do?

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Nitrolite, we're looking into an issue that sounds quite familiar. I expect to have news about this late next week.

To make sure we're talking about the same, can you post the article number or even a photo of your MultiPlus Compact? And what firmware version is it installed with?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nitrolite avatar image nitrolite commented ·

I will have my laptop tomorrow, then i check version and update it.

0 Likes 0 ·
dsc-0340.jpg (4.2 MiB)
dsc-0339.jpg (3.8 MiB)
nitrolite avatar image
nitrolite answered ·

Here is picture from pcb. I tried to connect Multi with my laptop, but i cannot make it work. I use MK3 to usb and Windows laptop, i tried both applications, older veconfigure and veconfig 3, but it just didnt work. Mk3 was found correctly in ports but Multi stays invisible.

What is problem here? Why i cannot make connection?

Edit.

So if i'm right, my device is not multiplus compact but older multi compact. And i looked documents about firmware versions, is seems that pcb board have so old chip and old firmware that it don't have Ve.Bus at all... Correct me if i'm right.

dsc-0344.jpg (6.2 MiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

dcliff9 avatar image dcliff9 commented ·
I have an older 12/3000/120 multiplus and just got the Bluetooth smart dongle. It is exhibiting the exact same symptoms. Did you ever figure this out?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ dcliff9 commented ·
@Dcliff9 his MultiPlus is/was to old and I guess your's is too.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vebus_smart_dongle_manual

First sentence in the manual.

Make a picture of the CPU like nitrolite did.

0 Likes 0 ·
fatboyslim avatar image fatboyslim commented ·

have 24/3000/70 and same issue

ser serial number HQ1908 IPFFC

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ fatboyslim commented ·
@fatboyslim I guess you have to update the firmware first.

The Smart dongle needs at last XXYY415 (XXYY = hardware ID).
The original firmware is on the sticker on the CPU as shown in the picture above.
XXYYZZZ.HEX

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic