question

manta avatar image
manta asked

Multiplus-II Cerbo GX & Smartshunt power consumption

I measured the Cerbo GX uses around 3-5 watt, with Touch 70 attached (but off) and a GPS module.
I am using A 210Ah 24 (26v) lifepo4 battery pack with a bms that is multiplus incompatible.

So i installed a 500A smartshunt to the battery, which provides the SOC value.

Since this is installed on our boat, most of the time only the Cerbo GX is connected to the battery and the multiplus-II is set on charger only. I can switch the incoming shore connection using an external relay connected to the cerbo GX (VRM portal). Everything is working fine exept the smartshunt is not registering the Cerbo GX power usage, i think the current is too small. So over a period of time the battery drains but the SmartShunt SOC stay's 100%. How can i fix this? i would like the SOC to lower about 2.5% a day since the Cerbo GX would use 2.5% of the battery on a daily basis. (44 day's before empty) Is this possible in node-red mayby (no experience) Also i want to switch the shore connection on for a short time montly to keep the battery around 85% SOC, but that another question, and there is enough to find about that issue.

Please advise me!

P.s. I allready recalibrated the Smarshunt with no load attached.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

To cover all possibilities even though it is a basic one, the Cerbo negative should come from the load side of the shunt.

The other thought is the "Current Threshold" setting, default at 0.1A, anything lower than this is ignored. With a nominal 24V system this means anything below 2.6-2.8W is not counted. You could reduce this and see if it improves things, but your are looking for a tiny resolution / accuracy.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

manta avatar image manta commented ·
Will check up on that. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·