question

topcrown avatar image
topcrown asked

Phoenix 48V as UPS in combination with Multiplus II 3-phase system

Running a complete Victron system w. several MPPTS, 48V battery, 3 Multiplus II for 3 phase system and Cerbo GX. If a MPII overloads, the complete house is shut-down.

Hence, I'm thinking to put the internet modem, NAS and home automation server on a separate 230V line powered by an additional Phoenix 48V inverter, e.g. 48/375 connected to the 48V bus bar.

Kind of an UPS system.

Would this be compatible with the existing system?

Wondering if the Phoenix would switch off as well, if the MPII overloads.

Multiplus-IIPhoenix Inverterups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

What makes you think, the Phoenix would shut down due to an overload on the Multi-Plus?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

I have a MultiPlus-II 24/5000 and for security reason a Phoenix 24/375 for the circulation pumps of my heating system because I do not want to cook my SolarCollector by overheating.

The little Phoenix has even a lower cut-off voltage as the MultiPlus-II hence it never switch off.

Also the little Phoenix is so cheap, that I have even a spare laying around in case something goes realy bad.

2 |3000