question

vwt5 avatar image
vwt5 asked

Victron Energy IP65 Blue Smart Charger -12v 15A - Clicking when in storage mode and fridge runs

Hello, hoping that someone could offer some advice / solution to this - have had a look around the forum and the web and a few have mentioned similar problems but I can't seem to find a definitive solution.

Setup and problem:

1. VW van
  2. Has a Victron 15a Blue Smart used for hookup 240v charger to leisure battery (when parked up)
  3. Victron Bluesolar feeding solar panel from roof into leisure battery
  4. Victron B2B charging from alternator when engine running
  5. Smart Battery gadget

Problem is as below:

1. When on hookup i.e. 15a blue smart is charging and connected 240v
  2. all works fine when bulk / abs modes
  3. Problem is that when the charger drops into storage all ok until the fridge runs, then i get the clicking from a relay in the bluesmart every 10 seconds or so.

Have looked into the settings on the phone when the clicking is happening. Battery voltage is at around 12.9v when its clicking, charger is in storage mode (storage mode set to 13.2v). Tried to change the storage voltage 12.8-13.5v to see if this changes the clicking, no change.

If I change battery type from custom to high then back, charger goes into bulk mode and the relay stops clicking. Until storage mode kicks in again, then the clicking starts.

Definitely storage + load on battery = clicking every 10 seconds. Have to sort this as in a small van the clicking at 5am is very loud :)

Any ideas?

Afterthought, used to use an older pre-bluetooth 15a victron charger but upgraded to get the additional settings and bluetooth. The older charger did not exhibit this behavior.

victron products
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vwt5 avatar image vwt5 commented ·

Bumping - any ideas?

Battery is a 120ah Leoch AGM if helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tumbleweed.. guessing that a fair few of us have this issue - Victron never got to the bottom of it though?

Must be an answer out there. We can land a man on the moon so Victron must be able to advise why their lovely blue boxes click every 10 seconds.

0 Likes 0 ·

Any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
murkas avatar image
murkas answered ·

I have a Victron Blue Smart IP65 batteriladdare 10A, 12v with the same problem (if it is a problem other then the irritating noise) in storage mode. No one from Victron replying?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic