question

nick2b avatar image
nick2b asked

LTE-M signal strength North West England

I have purchased 4 sets of GlobalLink/SmartShunt kit for off-grid installations in Cumbria, North West England. Though having fitted external aerials to them all (and yes, I have moved the switch over), the signal strength is appalling, making the data transmitted unusable. Is the network likely to expand and the data signals get better, or have I likely wasted my money?

lte-m
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
I was under the impression that Global link connected to existing 4g infrastructure rather than their own specific network?

What is the 4g signal like in those areas? I personally use a 4g router in my house (rural Wales) and used the android app. "Network Cell info Lite" to determine the signal strength around my property to find the best place for the external antenna. Not sure what networks/bands the Global Link uses but this app might give you a hint as to what signals are in your area.

May be worth using an app like that or similar just to confirm it definitely is the signal strength/to see if there's a more appropriate place for external antenna.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic