question

Russell Brown avatar image
Russell Brown asked

Data use for GX LTE 4G

Anyone know what the data use is for the data use for GX LTE 4G. Some telco's have IOT SIM plans which are cheaper than a normal data SIM. But the data limits are small.

cerbo gx4glte-m
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Russell Brown

It sepends on your system logging interval.

1 minute = more data. 15minutes ....

The more often you have your VRM dashboard on and realtime data streaming = more data (you can turn the option off though)

And make sure your cerbo is not set to update itself.

I have an SD card in a Cerbo that is offline with 1 minute logging a large offgrid system it hasnt yet accumulated 200mb of data in 2 months.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Russell Brown avatar image Russell Brown commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I have a Cerbo GX connected to a router, not the GX LTE 4G. When ee are not on the boat and the only data being sent is the VRM data I see 14 to 16MB each day. I log every minute. The amount transferred also depends on what you have connected. I have Multiplus, MPPT, BMV702, Cerbo, 4 temperature sensors, GX Tank 140 with 3 tanks and 2 bilge alarms.

2 |3000

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Russell Brown

It depends on too many variables like how many devices are connected, log interval, real time data enabled etc., to give an exact number.

One of the easiest ways to find out is to go to the VRM online portal menu on your GX device, scroll down to Free disk space and write down this number.

Then set the log interval to your liking in the same menu, disconnect the GX from the internet (if it was ever connected) and then wait 24 hours. Check the free space number again the next day. That's roughly (because there's a little extra traffic for protocol reasons) how high the data usage will be.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Don’t forget updates, those files can be quite big.

2 |3000

Related Resources