question

CM avatar image
CM asked

Generator Cooldown Behavior

Hi Guys,

I recently setup my gen to be controlled by my Ekrano GX, however, I am having a bit of challenge when it comes to shutdown behavior.

During the cool down period where the GX transfers power back from the generator to grid, just before the cool downtime elapses, the transfer switch tries to connect back to the gen that's just about to go off, how can I stop the Quattro from monitoring that input AC 1 until cool down is done plus a few more seconds, so it does not try to disconnect from grid and try to connect to the gen which during the transfer window has now shut off ?

I have gone thru some posts in the community , that says to use assistants to ignore ac input during cool down , can this be loaded onto the ekrano gx or using Node RED?

or how best do I approach this?

Thank you

cerbo gxquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

This exact issue has been posted to the victron GitHub and they are aware of the issue, and hopefully working on a fix. In the meantime, Kevin Windrem has provided a solution for this in his guimods package and his exttransferswitch package.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CM avatar image CM commented ·
Awesome Derrick, hopefully a fix comes with a firmware update since the GX already stalls the input and can actively keep it stalled until the gen goes off properly ..... please could you point me to the guimod by Kevin?
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas CM commented ·
GitHub is here

Do a search on here and you will find a few threads on it. As stated on the GitHub... easiest way to install it is to do a blind install of the setup helper and then install guimods from the setup helper menu in the cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·
CM avatar image CM derrick thomas commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources