question

janieronen avatar image
janieronen asked

Phase Frequency metering accuracy

Enjoying a vast amount of data possible to query from the Victron ESS system. The only piece that I have not found is whether there is a way to get a more accurate grid & inverter phase frequency.

I have EM24 meters and these can measure down to point one 0.1 Hz accuracy. Also looks like even I try to poll every second I get average over multiple seconds values. Our grid has had some stability issues and sometimes the UPS function kicks in I have not seen frequencies that are reported on the grid company page.

Two decimal accuracy would be great and I would even change meters to gain that. I have energy quality measuring equipment but would like to get data continuously from ESS to analyze the effects of local PV farms on the frequency in unstable situations.

If accuracy could be higher and no long time averaging I could store MIN & MAX figures.

Which VE or VE-compatible devices could give the best frequency metering accuracy?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSEnergy Meterfrequency
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

janieronen avatar image janieronen commented ·

I would compare local installation to data that can be get from utility grid open data. Like this from today.img-2941.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2941.jpeg (174.6 KiB)
0 Answers