question

ralphd avatar image
ralphd asked

AC start up surge causes Multiplus 2 to reset

I have a Multiplus 2; 2x120V on my boat. We have two AC units. When on shore power (220 VAC) and the Multiplus 2 is passing the AC voltage through, the small AC unit starts up fine. When the large unit is turned on and the compressor goes to start the Multiplus 2 shuts down - The multiplus 2 then restarts within a minute.

My question, is there any way to configure the Multiplus 2 to allow for a larger surge without shutting down? If not are there any other suggestions to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Ralph

Multiplus-IIvoltageshutdownin rush current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Look for a soft start, this will slow down the industry current.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

An easy start unit would fix the issue and be a lot more gentle on the inverter.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Or, only fit inverter aircons which natively lack the surge of a conventional unit.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic