question

nunorgp avatar image
nunorgp asked

Persistent Bluetooth Controller Crashes with Cerbo-GX v3.00

Hello,

I am using the Cerbo-GX v3.00 with an external Bluetooth dongle, specifically the TP-Link UB500. However, I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth controllers crash every day, regardless of whether it is the internal or external dongle. The only solution I have found so far is to reboot the Cerbo. I have tried various troubleshooting steps such as disconnecting and reconnecting the dongle, restarting Bluetooth, and more, but none of them have been successful.

When it is working :

list-controllers.jpg

When the controllers crash, Bluetoothctl is unable to find any controller :no-controller-available.jpg

Here are the steps I have taken to resolve the issue:

1. I attempted to set the dongle as the default Bluetooth controller. However, this setting is not retained after a reboot, and the crashing issue persists.

2. I even went as far as creating a custom back plate for the Cerbo with two 5V fans to keep it cool, but this did not resolve the Bluetooth crashing problem :cerbo-cooled.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem or if there are any suggestions for resolving this issue. One potential workaround I considered is using Node-RED to reboot the Cerbo automatically every day, but unfortunately, I couldn't find a specific node that can perform this reboot function. Any ideas on how to reboot the cerbo automatically .

Thank you for your assistance.

cerbo gxBluetoothtemperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nunorgp avatar image
nunorgp answered ·

Ok workaround found ... Node Red .

Made a flow to restart the bluetooth module every 8 hours and it seems to be working, no more rebooting required.

Unfortunately did not find a way to use the bluetooth dongle, as the devices allways connect to the cerbogx internal bluetooth , so the fans are a must !

nodered-bluetooth-restart.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matěj Liška avatar image Matěj Liška commented ·
What flow did you use? Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
nunorgp avatar image
nunorgp answered ·

The below flow restarts the bluetooth every 8 hours , and also checks for disconnects of the connected devices ( two batteries communicating via the dbus serial battery ). If one of them starts sending nulls, instead of the soc value the bluetooth is restarted after 5 minutes .

Everything is working for some days with just minor disconnects that require the 5 minute restart.

Hope it helps .

PS: you have to download the pallete node-red-contri-bigssh

flows (1).zip

1688595335337.png

1688595335337.png (58.7 KiB)
2 |3000