question

rustythorn avatar image
rustythorn asked

deactivating/modifying gerbo and accessories to save power

i would like know the feasibility of temporarily shutting down the cerbo or at least aspects of the cerbo ecosystem. nominally a headless cerbo uses 2.8 watts and simply connecting, but not using, the touch 50 brings that up to 3.8 watts.

1. if i add a switch that will disconnect/connect [eg the same as unplugging it/plugging it in] the touch 50 will it function without any issues or need to reprogram/calibrate it?
  2. how low can i get the headless cerbo watts if i turn off bluetooth or wifi?
    1. how can i turn on either if i turn off both?
  3. i assume i can wire up the bluesolar SCC with the cerbo without bluetooth or wifi?
  4. if i leave the cerbo connected and i add a power switch for the cerbo can i turn it off and on without issues?
    1. if so would it be best to connect the smart shunt directly to the SCC?

i don't think it matters but the system i'm considering is two multiplus II 3kva 120V in parallel [split phase], one cerbo GX, one touch 50, one bluesolar 150/60, one smart shunt 500 and non-victron batteries that have their own BMS

cerbo gxBluetoothwifitouchscreen
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers