question

steveashall avatar image
steveashall asked

Connecting EV Charger to Cerbo GX

Hi Folks.
Our new EV chargers aren't fully integrating with our existing solar and battery storage system.
I'm sure it's something simple like incompatible IP addresses as I'm unsure which IP address to input in the EVCP settings, but I wondered if someone could give me some straightforward advice please.
I also wonder whether it is because our Cerbo is hard wired to our router, but the EVCP's connect via wifi?
Many thanks.
Steve.

cerbo gxev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
away avatar image
away answered ·

I have the exact same issue with this. Is anyone from Victron out there?

I can ping the Cerbo, I can ping the EV charger. They are in the same subnet. If I "enable communication" for the Cerbo the graphic on the home screen is coloured. If I don't "enable communication" the graphic is greyscale, so it is obviously doing something.

I do run an older version of firmware on the Cerbo (2.85) because later versions prevent an aftermarket touchscreen display I have, from being touchscreen.

Additionally, the "Admin" tab on the EV Charger does not do anything and I can't, for the life of me, find the firmware version of the EV Charger in any of the settings that I can get to, with the web ui.

Some help from a Victron Guru would be nice.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

away avatar image away commented ·
OK, so I answered my own question. The Cerbo firmware version doesn't support the EV charger. V3.0 does work. That sucks. No way I'm forking out for a Victron touchscreen for my Cerbo. Looks like I'll have to go without.
0 Likes 0 ·