I have read all threads on the subject and even though multiple has touched the subject there was no clear conclusion.
I am planning a cost-effective but smart caravan setup using a SmartSolar MPPT (75/15 or 100/20) connected to 1 (Pb non-smart) battery in parallel with a Blue Smart IP22 (AC230) Charger.
- If VE.Smart is activated for both the MPPT and the Charger will the charging (states & voltages) be synchronized?
- If not, would it work if I added a Smart Battery Sense?
- Can the total battery charging current be limited in any way?
- If not, would it work if I added a SmartShunt or BMV-712?
- Is the system robust to loss of AC power, battery power (to the MPPT) or solar power at any time? I.e. with automatic reset/re-synchronization?
To the @VictronTeam (e.g. @mvader @Lucian Popescu ) - I would recommend adding this information to the VE.Smart Networking manual.
Thanks for a great forum and products otherwise.
Best regards // Gustaf