question

gustafl avatar image
gustafl asked

VE.Smart Synchronization of SmartSolar MPPT and Blue Smart IP22 Charger (advanced)

Hi

I have read all threads on the subject and even though multiple has touched the subject there was no clear conclusion.

Short background:

I am planning a cost-effective but smart caravan setup using a SmartSolar MPPT (75/15 or 100/20) connected to 1 (Pb non-smart) battery in parallel with a Blue Smart IP22 (AC230) Charger.

Questions:

1. If VE.Smart is activated for both the MPPT and the Charger will the charging (states & voltages) be synchronized?
    1. If not, would it work if I added a Smart Battery Sense?
  2. Can the total battery charging current be limited in any way?
    1. If not, would it work if I added a SmartShunt or BMV-712?
  3. Is the system robust to loss of AC power, battery power (to the MPPT) or solar power at any time? I.e. with automatic reset/re-synchronization?

To the @VictronTeam (e.g. @mvader @Lucian Popescu ) - I would recommend adding this information to the VE.Smart Networking manual.

Thanks for a great forum and products otherwise.

Best regards // Gustaf

MPPT SmartSolarbluesmart ip22VE.Smart Network
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rubytoo avatar image rubytoo commented ·
Would be really useful for Victron to answer this as I a trying to do nearly the same on my boat. I want the solar to power everything until darkness and then the IP22 to kick in through the night. I could always switch off the IP22 in the day but not an ideal situation.
1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
gustafl avatar image
gustafl answered ·

Thankful for advice.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chris-lams avatar image
chris-lams answered ·

In my experience if you connect the IP22 and the MPPT together via VE network for synchronised charging the IP 22 will just disconnect the MPPT and you will get no output from it, if you run them as stand alone units depending on whether their is enough solar power the IP22 will go to storage mode once the batteries are full and the MPPT will cycle between charging modes depending on demand until the sun goes down where the IP22 will take over again.

2 |3000