question

Raoul Bocchi avatar image
Raoul Bocchi asked

Fischer Panda not detected at AC Input

I recently updated Venus’ newest version on my Cerbo GX and have been experiencing a connectivity issue with my Fischer Panda 8000i generator ever since. What used to be a flawlessly working setup (Touch 50, Cerbo GX wired directly to the FP controller as recommended on Victron’s webpage) is now a crippled system. Whilst I can still see the FP on the Touch screen, I’m no longer able to control anything. Most importantly, I lost the autostart feature with all its settings. I’m also unable to manually start/stop the genset. Very annoying. Instead, I have to climb down the engine bay and manually start the generator, which luckily still works . I double and triple checked that on the FP controller the auto start function is enabled and, indeed, it is. Any ideas what could have happened? Here is a video taken from the Touch 50 showing what’s going on. Thanks everyone!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl2695z28pos803/RPReplay_Final1687542239.mov?dl=0

P.S. I’m running Venus OS v3.1~9. I just realized that v3.1 is a pre-release. Hey Victron, could it be that the software is still buggy and not 100% compatible with the Fischer Panda integration? Coincidentally to the troubles described above, I also lost connectivity to both my Ruuvi temperature sensors. Go figure…

generator auto startVenus OS v3.00-32fischer panda
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What happens if you use the last official stable release 3.00?

For the beta there is an extra topic to report bugs:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/210133/venus-os-v3102-available-for-testing.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I'd check v3.00 to see if the problem is in the beta release or in the latest released version.

There have been generator changes in v3.00 and again in 3.10 beta so it is important to nail down which version first shows this issue.

You can also revert to a previous release by downloading from:

http://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/

then using a USB flash drive to install the firmware.

Also, please let us know if you are using GuiMods as there are generator changes there as well.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

FYI, I just upgraded my Cerbo GX to v3.10~9 and the Ruuvi and Mopeka sensors are working fine. I'm using an external bluetooth dongle which is required for reliable bluetooth as there is a heat-related issue with the internal bluetooth on some Cerbo GX units.

2 |3000

Raoul Bocchi answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE and @Kevin Windrem thank you so much for your suggestions. Meanwhile I have some good news to report! After re-installing v3.0 I got both Ruuvi sensors back. Reg. the FP I can’t say if the issue is fixed because in the meantime I left my boat and switched off the Panda iController. I’ll have someone at the marina climb in the engine bay tomorrow morning and switch it back on. After that, I’ll report back. Fingers crossed!

P.S. no GUI mods used in my setup

2 |3000

Raoul Bocchi answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE @Kevin Windrem problem solved! I had someone at the marina activate the iController and with v3.0 everything is back to normal.

2 |3000

Related Resources