question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v3.10~9 available for testing

Good evening,

After releasing v3.00 (see this blog for the highlights, and changelog on Victron Professional), its time to start testing out new features, changes and fixes.

Rather than a "dry" change log, this time I've added screenshots and text that shows the changes in a bit more detail.

To start of with a big one:

Completely renewed Marine MFD / HTML5 App

1685824333731.png

(click for large)

And here a more extended system, with more tanks, and more energy sources:

1685824162825.png

(click for large)

Note that above two screenshots are taken from the design files, it might differ a bit from actual implemenation.

These are screenshots taken from the new implementation, but there I'm not able to now have them embedded in actual look on a marine MFD like above:
1685821774230.png

And white mode:

1685821833984.png

And for comparison, here is a screenshot of the old version:

1685823688829.png

Next, there are three more improvements related to Generators

1. adds support for ComAp generator controllers. Integration via ethernet/ModbusTCP; using the ComAP CM Ethernet module.
  2. adds resettable down counting service interval for generators
  3. add an alarm when generator is not in autostart mode for more than 10 minutes. This is to help prevent systems shutting down because during service someone had to enable manual mode; and then forgot to put it back to auto mode. The alarm is optional and can be enabled from generator start/stop settings.

Here is a screenshot on how to enable this on a CoMap generator controller.

1685821985137.png

(click for large)

The data that is being read from the controller is:

• AC Power, Voltage, Current and Frequency and Energy
  • Engine speed, coolant temperature, Oil Pressure, Load percentage, Operating hours and starter battery voltage.
  • Status (init, stopped, error, preheat, and so forth)
  • Auto-start status (off, manual, auto, test)

We'll later publish a list of ModbusTCP registers.

For the developers amongst you, the driver that reads that data is public; commit here. And we'll be looking to integrate other popular generator controllers as well. In case anyone can help; or has a generator with for example DSE or Deif, then please post some details (which model / modules for example) and perhaps it can be of help. A large part of the work is figuring out which model is the popular one, which is the right protocol to use, and so forth. As you can see in that commit, the actual integration is not that much code.

Then, onto the other two new features, service interval and autostart-is-off-alarm:

Here is how the new service interval is visible in the menu:

1685822170349.png

Here is how to configure and reset the new service interval:

1685822077955.png

Here is how it looks when the interval is exceeded:

1685822143912.png

Still open for this is to show this, for a whole fleet, on VRM.

The new autostart alarm setting:

1685822305012.png

Short explanation when enabling it:

1685822326891.png

Alarm notification:

1685822341197.png

Complete changelog is below.

There are more changes, full change log below.

Introduction to Venus OS beta testing

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

How to post an issue?

By posting an answer below. Do please keep all findings organised: one answer issue per issue. So first check the existing threads if your issue has already been seen. And if it does, add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer.

Note that Answers and Comments are two different things on this portal.

Lastly, before posting issues, preferably first revert to the latest official release (v2.93), to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.

And include information about the results/differences in behaviour in your report.

Running, Node-RED, Kevin’s GuiMods or other add-ons?

Then please at least say so in your bug report.

GuiMods and other 3rd party add-ons: don’t report your gui issues here. Do it elsewhere instead.

Changes made by us often cause a compatibility issue with the GuiMods; and these betas report pages are for official firmware only.

Changes v3.10~8 -> v3.10~9

• Add support for Pylontech Pelio-L model, including auto detect and configuration. (DVCC on, SVS off)
  • Fix bug in remote firmware updates for systems of three units and more. Bug was introduced earlier in v3.10 beta series.
  • Complete ModbusTCP mapping list for unit ids above 255. From now on it will not longer be required to get into difficulties when having a VE.Direct-connected or other type of device that has a VRM Instance above 255.

Changes v3.10~7 -> v3.10~8

• GUI: Fix energy meter showing only a blank page. This was missing in ~7.

Changes v3.10~2 -> v3.10~7

General:

• Allow temperature sensors to measure down to -40 °C, was -20 °C.

Under water / developer / Venus OS Large:

• Add wifi for raspberrypi zero2w and rpi4. Thank you @Bathnm for your work on this!
  • Remote VE.Bus firmware updates: changes to accommodate new models.
  • NodeJS: update from v14.17.6 to v18.16.0. This brings us on the latest version of an LTS branch: all good for some time to come. Thank you @Bathnm for your work on this!
  • Various updates to system packages, including security issues.
  • MQTT: pre-install, but not activate, a new broker: FlashMQ. We're replacing Mosquitto, plus our dbus-mqtt service, by FlashMQ + dbus-flashmq. Further details are here.

Changes v3.00 -> v3.10~2

• New html5/Marine MFD app. First time we’re beta testing this new UI. Its a complete redesign (totally new look including larger font size, adds tank levels, adds temperature and humidity, and more improvements) looking forward to hear what everyone thinks of it. Some things still need fixing:
    • Temperature, Humidity and Pressure sensors are not shown using their name.
    • On Simrad, the tank levels are not all aligned on the left side
    • On smaller split views, the section title, graphs and values are very squeezed together
    • On Raymarine the component in the top left overlaps the home button
    • Scroll behavior is different when component is horizontally aligned (pagination vs scroll to see more tanks)
    • Locking controls not clickable in horizontal split
    • When more than 2 batteries, battery component overflows. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature
    • Changing the units to Fahrenheit in remote console doesn’t change them in html5
  • Support for ComAp generator controller, details above
  • Adds resettable down counting service interval for generators
  • Add option to get an alarm when generator is not in autostart mode for more than 10 minutes
  • Fix VRM Portal connection for a small batch of EasySolar-II GXes (double VRM Portal ID)
  • Add Inverter and Multi RS DC Power path; fixes an issue with the EV Charger.

Developers:

• Change how venus-data files are handled:
    • pass extraction result as argument to the post-hook ('success' or 'extraction-failed'), so it can cleanup in case of failure and/or stop continuing.
    • look for venus-data-*.suffix as well, so the file name can be changed to describe what it does. Multiple files can be present now.
Venus OS
1685821774230.png (80.0 KiB)
1685821833984.png (79.4 KiB)
1685821985137.png (243.2 KiB)
1685822077955.png (27.2 KiB)
1685822143912.png (22.5 KiB)
1685822305012.png (31.7 KiB)
1685822326891.png (35.0 KiB)
1685822341197.png (22.6 KiB)
1685823688829.png (99.7 KiB)
1685824162825.png (323.1 KiB)
1685824333731.png (289.1 KiB)
10 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Small addition: if you happen to have an MFD, please share some photos of whats on that MFD (or a screenshot, but thats a bit difficult).

Showing how you use the Victron MFD App; and if possible add some comments of when / why. So for example how do you use it when under sail or motoring; or when in harbour or anchor.

And any other feedback is also welcome.

2 Likes 2 ·

Hey all, just now we've released a new beta version for testing, Venus OS v3.10~7. It mainly has some low level and large developer related changes; but also it adds wifi on raspberrypi zero2w and rpi4; which I've seen is awaited by many.

To all that added answers and comments below: all noted; thank you! And is being and/or will be worked on. Especially the Marine MFD HTML5 app.

1 Like 1 ·
jjbond avatar image jjbond commented ·

Fantastic work guys/gals....... beautiful work, thank you for being so proactive and forward thinking. Question, any chance of you partnering with Cummins / Onan Generators like you did with ComAp? Onan are the main gennies for RV's here in America and would sell like hot cakes, granted there are already generator modules but would love to see something Victron quality... Keep doing what you do, we all appreciate the hard work.

PS: Praying for the day one of these firmware releases give us pulse counting / flow meter viewing in the Cerbo like we had in the Venus... just sayin.. ya put it back in the new Ekrano GX but skipped right over us Cerbo GX users.. sigh.

Jennifer

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem jjbond commented ·
The Onan RV gennies I am familiar with are relatively basic. They require hold to start and push to stop and provide a signal that is both a running indicator (solid light when running) and an error report (flashing light).

I'm actually working on an interface now.

The GX device provides a close to run, open to stop relay output that needs to be converted to the push to start and push to stop. And the status line needs to be filtered to remove the error flashes to provide an "is running" signal to the enhanced generator interface in my GuiMods.

If this discussion gets lengthily, it should be taken out of this thread to a separate question!!!

1 Like 1 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jjbond commented ·

Hi @jjbond , to my knowledge, Onan has no digital interface, but looks like Kevin is cooking something up for that.

Wrt pulse counting: the problem is that the current hardware of the Cerbo GX doesn’t support it.

1 Like 1 ·
jjbond avatar image jjbond mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for replying, there are options out there like this one, I just love the idea of a similar item from you all, keep it in the big blue family, the Onan market is HUMONGOUS here. :)

https://atkinsonelectronics.com/gscm-mini-60hz/

I assumed the pulse counting was hardware or you'd already have it in, you're not known for not providing us cool stuff when you can make it happen so I knew it was something physical.

Thanks again for all of you being you and making us all feel like our opinions actually matter, it's what brought me over from my Schneider system to Victron.

Jen

0 Likes 0 ·
jjbond avatar image jjbond mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Here's another option, yet more of a hack and/or cruder, thus our need for Victron to bring out a module... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--VUa8OPI4

Jen

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem jjbond commented ·
This is exactly what Victron recommends. The relays used in the YouTube video are less expensive than those specified by Victron but work the same way.
0 Likes 0 ·
Wayne avatar image Wayne Kevin Windrem commented ·
I have the Atkinson module on my Onan 3.6Kw, it works flawlessly in conjunction with my Cerbo, I'm using auto start based on load and time parameters, cant fault it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi all v3.10~11 is now available for testing; lots of small changes, which I’ll write down a bit later.

0 Likes 0 ·
23 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

After updating to V3.10~2 my grid meter data has disappeared,revert back to V3 all ok!7a90c57f-b728-4658-a53d-82413ac8819d.pngc3312367-5d1a-4e24-8a5c-666df0506a79.png

9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

v3.10~8 is now available; fixes energy meter issue - this time for real.
1 Like 1 ·
daniel20222 avatar image daniel20222 commented ·

Bei der neuen Version werden keine Daten vom EM24 angezeigt. Er regelt zwar aber sein Bildschirm ist weiß.

Zurück auf alte Version stehen seine Daten wieder da.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ daniel20222 commented ·
Hi both, noted. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
P.H.J. Sibbing avatar image P.H.J. Sibbing mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

same here , Grid and PV gone

also back to 3.0 and OK

Both meters PV and Grid connected via separate USB and with B24 meters

0 Likes 0 ·
stromhamster avatar image stromhamster mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Die ET 340 Anzeige ebenfalls betroffen. Beim Cerbo kam kurz nach dem Update die Meldung "Gridmeter nicht angeschlossen", Untermenues alles weis. In V3.00 zurück alles ok.
0 Likes 0 ·
dansonamission avatar image dansonamission commented ·
How do you get involved with beta VRM?

Love the new mfd screens, we have b&g, garmin and Simrad plus some other hmi and home automation setups in our show room we’ll test it out on.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ dansonamission commented ·

Hi @dansonamission , that would be great. Answer on how to test is in above text, but let me help :-)

Its explained here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:beta-testing

0 Likes 0 ·
dansonamission avatar image dansonamission mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hey @mvader (Victron Energy) , it’s the VRM beta I’m asking about, in the above screen shots it shows beta VRM in an orange banner.
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ dansonamission commented ·

Oops! Sorry.

vrm beta is here:

https://betavrm.victronenergy.com/login

But we don’t have program for it, and don’t publish changes in public either.

And the news item in there about what can be tested is often out of date as well..

1 Like 1 ·
caspartfg avatar image
caspartfg answered ·

Just a bit of feedback to say this is a great update. We live on our boat and have our Victron install on the same network as our B&G equipment. (3 x Zeus 3 plus other gear) and signal K (on OS Large). It was perfect timing as I've just connected up a barometric pressure sensor and you've given me a super-easy way of quickly seeing the values. I've have a good play around with the UI and I've not found any obvious issues (aside from the bug you mention that the temp sensors still have generic names). one feature request would be to be able to to see the AUX battery from the BMV so that I can see my starter batteries as well as my house.... Thanks for the great work and i'll keep testing it.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hey @caspartfg , that is good to hear! I'll pass it along to the designers and developers.

Wrt the AUX battery measurement, aka the Starter battery measurement:

to see that, you'll need to enable it in the in Settings -> System Setup -> Battery measurements menu.

1685912091469.png

Would be nice to hear if all works well with that

1 Like 1 ·
1685912091469.png (51.7 KiB)
caspartfg avatar image caspartfg mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Morning, I still can't see the battery there, but I might know the reason now.....

I'm monitoring the voltages from the AUX on my 2nd shut that I've got setup as a DC meter from my two Alternators. If I look at the Shunt in settings, I can see the voltage on the starter battery, but I wonder if that's not being registered as a battery due to the mode the Shunt is in?
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ caspartfg commented ·

Yes that will be the issue. I had a quick look, related source code seems to be here:

https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-systemcalc-py/blob/master/delegates/batterydata.py

I’ll see how or when we can fix this; it goes into a long list of relatively small but also not extremely prioritized improvements I’m afraid.

2 Likes 2 ·
sportswagoneer avatar image
sportswagoneer answered ·

Guess the new HTML5 app still won't be compatible with former generation MFDs like the B&G Zeus2?

I was able to install the old version of the HTML5 app over a newer as explained by you directly above this:
https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/139507/view.html
Will this install still survive the firmware update to v. 3.10?

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Sportswagoneer , what exactly do you mean with "last generation MFDs" ? Isn't the Zeus2 range replaced by the Zeus3 range a while ago?

Note that I know that those marine electronics are aimed to last a decade or longer, and typically also not replaced sooner - even if only because such an upgrade is an enormous investment.

I don't know if this new version will work on the B&G Zeus2, it would be great if you could try that?

The change you made does survive a firmware update. In case there is any issue: know that you can always revert to the version you are running prior to updating Venus OS, by using the Backup firmware option:

1685911159446.png

If it doesn't work for the Zeus2, I'll see if we shouldn't have a zip file available for everyone as well as having it documented on our Victron + Navico/B&G page.

0 Likes 0 ·
1685911159446.png (48.0 KiB)
sportswagoneer avatar image sportswagoneer commented ·

Thanks for your swift reply!

I meany to say “former generation MFD’s”. Got a little lost in translation there.

I’ll update and check when I get the chance.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ sportswagoneer commented ·
Ok clear, thank you; looking forward to that.

To add: the install of the old v1.7.0 version of that App that you did is installed on what is called the data partition.

Which is not changed during a firmware update.

0 Likes 0 ·
kurtinge avatar image kurtinge mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I also have the B&G Zeus2 and got thrilled when I got the MFD app working after taking the venus-html5-app.tar.gz from a older version (1.7 or something) and replaced the files in newer version. The Zeus2 12" is too expencive and good to be thrown away so this was a very nice feature to get implemented.
Have done several upgrades and the hack did survived all new versions. I do not know how/if the new versions are replacing the HTML5-module, but I will try out the newest version next visit to my vessel. Will eventually come with feedback if things stay as they are or change

0 Likes 0 ·
sportswagoneer avatar image sportswagoneer mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Very late reply...

I can confirm that the new MFD app (as of version 3.40~2) is still incompatible with the B&G Zeus2 MFD. This is likely due to the old browser software in the Zeus2.
BUT: I can also confirm that re-installing the old version of the MFD app (v. 1.70) from GIT-HUB as explained under still works!
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/134947/venus-os-v2908-available-for-testing.html?childToView=138105#comment-138105

0 Likes 0 ·
gone-sailing avatar image
gone-sailing answered ·

I know the MFD UI is designed for chartplotters but I use it on my iPad and iPhone when on board, particularly to switch inverter on and off. With the old version, if you “add to Home Screen” to create an icon for this app, the icon does not work. Has this been fixed in this new version? I raised an issue on GitHub for this a while ago.

I love the MFD UI would be great to have that become the standard UI in Venus OS console.

1 comment
2 |3000

We’ll look into that for sure - thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
kris avatar image
kris answered ·

Two videos from MfD Garmin and Furuno TZT3 with the latest software versions.

I lost Ac data from ET112 after update

HTML5 multifunctional displays:

Strange behavior in the battery field on both multifunction indicators.

MFD Furuno very poor touch support, practically no touch.

After connecting the etherneth Cerbo <> garmin network cable, there is no online connection to the VRM via Wi-Fi.

No fuel tank

img-3560.jpeg

img-3557.jpeg

img-3557.jpeg (652.6 KiB)
img-3560.jpeg (679.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Kris. All noted - and will be looked into. thank you!

Wrt ethernet and WiFi, the documentation we have on that is here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-garmin#networking

Can you post a photo of the ethernet menu, that shows the IP details? What I’m curious about is if the Garmin DHCP server also gave the Cerbo a default gateway address.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

Saw in the blog that Venus OS v3.0 was released with Gen Stop/Start improvements and ESS Improvements which will solve issues i am having for a site. Was just checking the sites current firmware and noticed its already running 3.10-2.

Upon checking the GeneratorScreenshots.pdf Start/Stop settings, i notice there is no Warmup/Cool down setting.

The Multi is running 502

screenshots.pdf (298.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·

3.10~2 is beta firmware. Latest release is 3.0. The new warmup/cool down settings require that you update mk3 driver as well as the mp firmware, and that relay 1 is enabled for auto gen start. If the warmup/cool down settings still don't appear after that, try setting the ac input type to generator and see if they appear. That was the behavior in a previous beta version, but I can't remember if that has been changed in the final release.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image Lawrence derrick thomas commented ·
Thanks, am going to site tomorrow so will update the mk3 then. Not sure how this site got the Beta firmware but will take it back to 3.0 as well!
0 Likes 0 ·
caspartfg avatar image
caspartfg answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) as requested, here is a bit of info on the setup we have on the boat (plus screenshots.

- B&G network, with 3 x Zeus3 MFDs

- Everything is on a flat ethernet backbone, with a separate NMEA2000 network for the instruments

- Cerbo GX is connected to both ethernet and N2K networks

- Starlink for internet connectivity

In terms of our setup - we are full-time live-aboard our sailing catamaran, currently in the Mediterranean and crossing the Atlantic this December. As far as possible, we live off-grid, with 1.6Kw of Solar and watermaker (2KW AC, running off the multiplus ii). 620Ah of Smart Lithium to give us a buffer for those cloudy days and custom regulators on 2 x 105Amp alternators to allow us to charge the lithium directly.

Photos attached:

4 x B&G Zeus3

1 x Cerbo GX for reference

1 x N2K / Ethernet system schematic

Happy to help with any further info if you need it.

Casp.

Nautilus Network - N2k and Ethernet v1.1.pngIMG_2395.JPGIMG_2394.JPGIMG_2393.JPGIMG_2392.JPGIMG_2391.JPG

1 comment
2 |3000

Super useful, thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
André Jerleke avatar image
André Jerleke answered ·

A strange note om my system, i´ve never had i before but after installing v3.10~2 i have been starting to get high DC ripple, in the logs "High DC Voltage: Alarm" this started the day i got latest firmware. ESS mode was set to "Keep batteries charged", i changed this to "Optimized (with batteryLife)" and rebooted the GX then it disappearedlogs.pngbatterystatus.png

logs.png (63.8 KiB)
batterystatus.png (197.1 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Did you update any other firmwares besides the cerbo around the same time?
0 Likes 0 ·
André Jerleke avatar image André Jerleke derrick thomas commented ·

@derrick thomas no nothing else was changed, i had set ess to charge battery mode a week ago and forgot about it so I'm certain nothing more than 3.10 firmware was added to the mix

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Hi,

I have a simrad Nso evo2 system onboard.

With the app.

1. The system menu button covers the back button on the app so you can't navigate around!

20230609-144957.jpg

2. Touch Support fails when you add the app to any screen, like this

20230609-145440.jpg

I use the old app to monitor what the solar is giving us and also switch the generator on or off if we need to demand it before joining high load kit.

The days statistic graphs would be a cool addition to the app.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Jwfrary , thank you for the detailed report. We’re looking into this back button issue and touch issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
daniel20222 avatar image
daniel20222 answered ·

Hallo

Bei der neuen Version V3.10-7 wird der Wert vom EM24 nicht angezeigt. Er regelt zwar aber man sieht keine Werte. img-5269.png

img-5269.png (385.2 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

beme avatar image beme commented ·

I can confirm, the Fronius Inverter isn't displayed correctly, too. (3.10-7)

1686342685430.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1686342685430.png (37.8 KiB)
towatai avatar image towatai beme commented ·
Can confirm this with my EM540!
0 Likes 0 ·
roger-seibel avatar image roger-seibel commented ·

Works now with V3.10-8, Thank you!

LG, Roger

0 Likes 0 ·
F Skynet avatar image
F Skynet answered ·

Shelly PRO 3em (websocket) as well (no details)

still completely functional ( correct over all phases)

no change on dashboard (just display L1 phase)

2 |3000

wirehead avatar image
wirehead answered ·

Spaces for EM540 and Fronius Inverter are white in 3.10-7.

Additional bluetooth is gone to.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi, energy meter and pv data missing is fixed in v3.10~7.

With regards to Bluetooth missing, can I assume you have a Cerbo? Up until recently produced hardware, the Bluetooth in the Cerbo has not been reliable, and can go missing. See manual for details.

Thank you for the report!

0 Likes 0 ·
André Jerleke avatar image
André Jerleke answered ·

Same issue for me, started with 3.10~2 but also in latest Venus OS v3.10~7 , Shelly Pro 3EM as Grid Meter is just blank, thread already exist here https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/210047/shelly-pro-3em-as-grid-meter-with-venus-os-30-and.html @Izak (Victron Energy Staff) and here https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-shelly/issues/4

2 comments
2 |3000

André Jerleke avatar image André Jerleke commented ·

Changes v3.10~7 -> v3.10~8

• GUI: Fix energy meter showing only a blank page. This was missing in ~7.

Great now that is working BUT its still not showing correct in Dashboard, it doesnt make any differnt if Go to Setup and set device role to AC load or Grid, dashboard isn´t showing the info, see image @Izak (Victron Energy Staff) skarmbild-2023-06-12-181743.png

1686587046150.png

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ André Jerleke commented ·
Hi, Shelly things are not part of this beta, please keep the discussion elsewhere.

And, we don’t support them officially; and I have given Isak quite different priorities to work on I’m afraid. Sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel20222 avatar image
daniel20222 answered ·

Cool es geht wieder. Die Daten werden wieder angezeigt. Danke.

2 |3000

mike-r avatar image
mike-r answered ·

img-3857.png

img-3858.png

img-3859.png

Thanks for this update. This is a great improvement and helps to consolidate some things for me. Now if could my get my N2K temps and AC data onto the MFD app along the ability to name my data (fuel tanks, etc).

One interesting bug is that my black water tank does not show up in the MFD app while it shows up properly under remote console and VRM. Everything looks ok on my side - any suggestions or is this really a bug?

img-3857.png (1.3 MiB)
img-3858.png (1.3 MiB)
img-3859.png (1.3 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Mike R , We’ll look into that possible black water tank bug.

Wrt reading more data from N2K: duly noted, and I can say “maybe”.

Thank you for reporting!

1 Like 1 ·
teemischer avatar image
teemischer answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) flashMQ seems to break Remote Firmware updates in VRM. At least this is what I suspect, but just from the error message, not from actual debugging.1686586847267.png

1686586847267.png (36.8 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @teemischer , I don’t think thats FlashMQ. Its not in any way prt of remote firmware updates (yet).

Is this reproducible for you? I’ve updated various systems that way and havent had one error.

0 Likes 0 ·
teemischer avatar image teemischer mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

alrighty, nothing to do with flashmq, BUT: Something else is off.

- mqtt-rpc is running fine

- checked the logfile

- error is triggered by a broken function in the evcharger code (see screenshot)

(I am running plain vanilla VenusOS, no mods installed, no victron evcharger installed)

1686641564350.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1686641564350.png (42.9 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ teemischer commented ·
Ok thanks! We’ll look into (and fix) that!
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@mvader (Victron Energy) I am having the same issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
Philipp Trenz avatar image
Philipp Trenz answered ·

Hey @mvader (Victron Energy), what a great release! I have a DeepSea DSE855 unit coming in, which enables Modbus via TCP for a variety of DeepSea controllers. Can I forward you the modbus documentation from DeepSea? I'll gladly assist with testing.

2 comments
2 |3000

Philipp Trenz avatar image Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·

Additionally: So far we use binary ouputs resp. inputs between DeepSea Controller and Cerbo to monitor running and error status as well as if Auto-Start Mode is enabled. For the running status there is already support for the binary input on the Cerbo, for the other two cases software support would also be very helpful! Esp. the autostart alarm would be very valuable!

And it's quite easy to configure the binary outputs on the DeepSea controller for the respective functionality, so this would be a great workaround if no Modbus is available for the controller.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·
Yes that would be great! I’ll send you an email.
0 Likes 0 ·
iainsommerville avatar image
iainsommerville answered ·

Is there any chance this will work with a ComAp Generator Controller over ModBus RS485 instead of ModbusTCP over Ethernet (via the Victron RS485 to USB cable)? This is for a Mase generator - the Mase factory supported configuration with a remote panel is via RS485 but I will ask if/when ethernet will be supported.

Happy to give it a try if there is a possibility of this configuration working.

5 comments
2 |3000

Philipp Trenz avatar image Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·

Hi @IainSommerville, afaik, the Victron Modbus implementation work for serial (RS485) as well as Ethernet connections. If ComAp uses the same Modbus configuration for Modbus-TCP (Ethernet) and Modbus-RTU (serial) protocol, which I would expect, this should work. If I were in your place, I'd give it a try!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·

Right, the code of the driver is built such that it is (pretty) agnostic of which Modbus type exactly is used.

See source for details.

https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-modbus-client/commit/f1dedd198d9eb0ef735fa2df4e048291d12219d1

0 Likes 0 ·
iainsommerville avatar image iainsommerville mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Sounds good, I will definitely get this tested in the next week or two when back on the boat. I just need to find my Victron RS485 cable which is in a box somewhere.....

Will report back

0 Likes 0 ·
iainsommerville avatar image iainsommerville mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Had a quick try with the Victron RS485 cable from the Cerbo to the Comap controller but I didn't see anything on the dbus. Is there anything that needs to be configured/set on the Cerbo for serial modbus interfaces (bitrate etc?) or on the generator settings?

If not, is there an easy way to get debug of the serial stream from the serial interface on the cerbo or is it better to just use a PC for that.

Will try the latter later in the week - it is possible that I need to change some config on the Comap controller to get the modbus stream working on its RS485 interface card but unfortunately the documentation that came with the card / controller isn't too helpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
iainsommerville avatar image iainsommerville Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·

Using the Victron RS485 cable I can read the communications between the Comap remote and host controllers however it is binary and I am not sure if this is ModBus RTU or something different (it is definitely not Modbus Ascii). The communications settings on the comap controller are password protected (I will try and get those from our supplier) - the screenshots on the description are from an application 'InteliConfig' - I assume this has to be obtained from CoMap directly?

0 Likes 0 ·
alan-peng avatar image
alan-peng answered ·

In the Chinese mobile overview page, the DC system block was overlapped by below AC current limit block. The bug already existed in Venus V3.0.

1687234324185.png

1687234415979.png

1687234324185.png (323.1 KiB)
1687234415979.png (329.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Alan, noted, thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Recently Installed new grid meter,but previous meter is still visible on the energy meter list on the GX, but not on the device list without any option to delete old meter!6637c959-447a-4fe5-a1de-cf102c89af5c.jpeg d37aad5b-78fd-449c-bd5c-20e1f7b96f62.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi, no worries, having that old device visible in the config menu on the GX is harmless.

1 Like 1 ·
felix-schuchmann avatar image
felix-schuchmann answered ·

Raspberry Pi 3 A+ is not getting an VRM ID. See my hackfix here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/79169/raspberry-pi-3a-vrm-id-missing.html?childToView=212556#answer-212556

tr '\0' '\n' < /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/compatible returns:
raspberrypi,3-model-b-plus

brcm,bcm2837

1 comment
2 |3000

jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ commented ·

Please don't post it here, since it is irrelevant for a testing version. A Raspberry Pi 3 A+ isn't supported version at all at the moment, see https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/raspberrypi-install-venus-image you would need to add support for it in the first place.

0 Likes 0 ·
pf1 avatar image
pf1 answered ·

The SVS setting in the DVCC menu shall automatically select the best available voltage measurement. This option works with VE.Bus devices, VE.Direct and VE.Can MPPT solar chargers, and Inverter RS and Multi RS, but not with BMS.Can devices.
Why is it not possible to select the source of the voltage measurement, as is the case with STS, for example.

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

This is unrelated to the beta and determined by the (supported) battery manufacturer.

It has been found, in some cases, to cause issues with managed batteries so is disabled.

Some manufacturers have requested that this be enabled, and where those batteries are detected the option will be allowed to be enabled.

SVS has greater implications to system stability than STS.

0 Likes 0 ·
pf1 avatar image pf1 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the quick reply, but why are batteries not supported which are connected via BMS.Can ?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ pf1 commented ·

DVCC will behave in a default way with CAN batteries, which is SVS forced off, for various reasons.

Some supported batteries (ie certified and tested as per battery compatibility list) can override this behaviour if that is what that manufacturer wants.

This is documented in the DVCC section of the cerbo manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

1 Like 1 ·
towatai avatar image
towatai answered ·

I don't want to complain but would it be possible to update the changelogs promptly after the release of a new OS version? at the time of my posts we are at version 3.10~11 for at least 24h ;-) THANKS!

2 |3000

Related Resources