question

manuel-serra avatar image
manuel-serra asked

SmartShunt IP65 showing wrong SOC

In my boat I have as Service Bank 2X100 Amp LiFe Po4 Lithium batteries shore power charged by a SmartBlue IP22 Victron charger, a Orion Smart 12-12 30 charger under motor, and a SmartShunt IP65. In the marina berth and with shore power I keep the fridge unit on ( 3 Ah). The shore power charger, keeps the Lithium batteries in Storage at 13.5v, but the SmartShunt shows a decreasing State of charge (SOC). After 7 days the VRM alarm of low voltage appears in my cellphone. I must then come to the boat and start a recharge by pressing the Mode button on the charger.

Last time it happened the SOC was down to 3.5% but the Storage voltage of 13.5 V on batteries was maintained.

Is it because the SmartShunt just takes in account the Consumed Ah, and not the voltage ?

SmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

manuel-serra avatar image manuel-serra commented ·

The SmartShunt is connected to the Cerbo GX VE Direct port.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Probably one of two things. How it's wired and the smart shunt settings.

Please post a screen shot of the shunt settings and check the wiring. The shunt must be the only connection to the battery negative. Every negative from consumers etc. must be connected to the load side of the shunt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.