question

eric-vs avatar image
eric-vs asked

Dometic and Votronic charger Victron compatible?

Hello all,

I both a Victron lithium battery smart life po4 330Ah. Also on it is the smart battery sense. On top I both the VE.Bus BMS.

In my camper I have a Dometic MCA1225, and load from my solar panels is coming from my solar regulator votronic sr 330 duo digital.

my question is: is my dometic en votronic compatibel to use the BMS and battery?

thanks you Very much.

BMSBattery Protectcharge controller compatibilitysmart lithium
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Eric VS

Without looking at the MCA1225 and Votronic specs, as a guide, both chargers must have a remote port, so in the event of low/high temperatures or cell overvoltage, the BMS can switch off the chargers via the BMS load disconnect port.

If the charger doesn't have such a port, you could use a Smart BatteryProtect, controlled by the BMS and use it to disconnect the chargers from the battery.

Also ensure that the charging profile of the chargers corresponds to the recommended settings described in the Lithium Smart Battery manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources