question

da-wado avatar image
da-wado asked

We need help! VictronConnect Updated

Hello,

we updated our VictronConnect in the bus from 5.90 to 5.91. Badly we cant open our backup file to get our settings back. We are afraid to reset out Victron to default. Any ideas?

Best regards Dominik

VictronConnect
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Victron Connect runs on PC, android etc. But the question sounds as if you used it to update something else. Possibly a multiplus.

Please give more information - what did you update and what settings are lost?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@da_wado

Everything is already at default since you updated the firmware.

It is a warning given in the manual.

What you need to do now is set up as if it is a new piece of equipment. So you need to know your battery profile and the other settings.

Does the saved profile not restore?

0 Likes 0 ·
da-wado avatar image da-wado Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Good morning,

we updated our Victron MPPT 75/10. We did an backup with our battery profile on the older version. Now we have the dafault values and cant insert our setting from last version. the old file is not readable for us and its to "old" to restore in the app. Maybe i can open it with the Victron app 5.90 on my windows Pc?

Best regards Dominik

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 da-wado commented ·

For MPPTs the firmware update should not change the settings.

The settings are wiped for VE.Bus devices (MultiPlus, Quattro) after a firmware update.

1 Like 1 ·
da-wado avatar image da-wado da-wado commented ·
Sry I forget a big Keyword! with the update to 5.91 we upgraded the firmware too.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources