question

moshcassim avatar image
moshcassim asked

High voltage alarms

• High voltage alarms

Hi ... been running Quattro inverter with 6 pylontechs for 3 years. Few months ago had high voltage alarms signals when batteries reached 100%. Found 1 battery swollen. Firmware on batteries and all components were updated. Now struggling to get batteries charged. If there is no loads solar production drops. Charging of batteries only between 200 to 500w at any soc level. Excuse my lack of knowledge. I am not an installer. Thx

SOCvoltage
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@moshcassim@gmail.com

Did you remove the damaged battery from the bank?

What does the SOH say about the batteries on the GX?

What sized inverter do you have and what Pylontec modules are installed? I have usually only seen that type of faliure when there aren't enough batteries on the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
moshcassim avatar image
moshcassim answered ·

Yes the damaged battery was removed.

On the gx the batteries SOH showed 92% if I am correct ad per my installer. He did say that when he connected a cable to each battery the batteries had deteriorated but could still be used. After the firmware on the batteries were updated from version 1 to 3.something, the problems started. Now I can only generate solar if there is load. The charge and discharge of the batteries show 200 to 500w, whereas previously it was according to the load or charge. My installer is looking for the old firmware to restore battery firmware to their old firmware.

Currently running 10kva Quattro, cerbox gx, 4 Pylontech 3.5 and 1 x 2.4 Pylontech

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@moshcassim@gmail.com

Check the CCL and DCL in the GX (under battery parameters) and see what they are reporting there.

But since you have pinpointed the firmware update on the batteries as where the problems started, it is likely that.

The other thing to try is to switch which battery is the master.

0 Likes 0 ·
moshcassim avatar image moshcassim Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thx for the response...

Can anyone assist with obtaining the old firmware versions for the Pylontech batteries.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
moshcassim avatar image moshcassim Alexandra ♦ commented ·
The CCL & DCL are set at 37.0 A
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ moshcassim commented ·
Is that per battery or for the whole bank?

You should see 173A for 4x us 3000 plus 1x us2000

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic