question

morganb avatar image
morganb asked

NMEA2000 instance setup czone

Hi guys. Need some help. I’m getting myself confused around data and device instance numbers

I have a 24v lithium setup

Vebus bms

Lynx shunt

Cerbo

2nd smart shunt for 12v radio battery

Quattro

I’m trying to get both battery banks to come though on the czone display via N2k

I setup 2 battery monitor pages on czone config one looking at instance 0 for house battery and instance 1 for radio. In the cerbo I set the device instance of the radio battery shunt to 1.

This all does not seem to work. I get the house battery but it alarms as I think it’s getting both 12v and 24v data I can stop the alarm by turning off n2k out and just reading the lynx shunt direct

I also can’t seem to get both on the Garmin display only the 1 bank

I’m missing something here. Do I need to change the DATA instance via actisense instead of device instance.

Any advice would help please.

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mattyroo avatar image
mattyroo answered ·

You shouldn't change the data instance.

I assume you have an Actisense interface. If so, using NMEA reader look at PGN 127508 and under Field 1 on the right side of the screen you will find the Battery Instance. Then set the corresponding instance in your CZone config.

You will need to do with both batteries.

I have had some wierd instances in the past when connecting CZone and Victron.

Let us know how you get on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources