question

mrkjamesbb avatar image
mrkjamesbb asked

Program inverter to shut down if shore power is lost?

I have a 12/2000 multi.

The other night I lost shore power and didn’t realize. The inverter flipped its transfer switch and began trying to power the load with the batteries. When the air conditioner kicked on, one of my 250 amp fuses blew.

Is there a way to program the inverter to shut down if shore power is lost, so I can at least turn off my air conditioner before drawing from the batteries?

fusesinverter current drawshorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nightcrawler avatar image
nightcrawler answered ·

You can set your Multiplus to charger only mode. You can do this on the unit itself. You can do this in VEConfigure or VictronConnect as well. This means the inverter is not active and wouldn't drain the batteries if no shore power is available. However, it also means that power assist wouldn't be available.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrkjamesbb avatar image mrkjamesbb commented ·

Wow!! Thank you so much!

As for the losing power assist... I know when the air conditioner kicks on the inverter does a quick (less than one second “zzipp” kinda noise and for that half second or whatever there is an 11 amp draw on the batteries, and then it’s over.

Hopefully, that won’t matter (losing power assist), as the shore power cord is usually just wired directly into the main breaker.

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

NEVERMIND: only on 3000 and up model.

Does the 12/2000 have an AC out2? I don't remember, but on the 12/3000 there is an AC out 2 that is only live when shore power is connected. If so just hook up the AC to AC Out 2.

2 |3000

tilo avatar image
tilo answered ·

You can add an external contactor for your high load, and use the auxiliary relay of the Multiplus to switch the contactor according to the conditions that you can configure in "Virtual Switch" or with the Assistants in VE.Configure 3.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic