question

msmelko avatar image
msmelko asked

Globallink 520 recognizes Smart Battery Lithium, but does show up as a device in VRM

I have 4 BMV's and 3 of 100ah Smart Lithium batteries that show up in the Victron Connect App. As well, when I drill down to see the status of the Globallink 520 they show as devices connected to the GL520. It indicates that 7 devices are connected to the GL520 and drilling further down it shows the 4 BMV's and the 3 Smart Lithium batteries as connected. All 7 have the toggle turned on for the Globallink 520 to include them in VRM, however only the 4 BMV's actually show up in VRM app in the device list (along with two GL520 digital outputs and the GL520 it self as devices). The 3 Smart Lithium batteries are not available as devices in VRM. The same is true when viewing VRM through a browser.

How can I get the Smart Lithium Batteries to show up as devices in VRM?

Note that the instant read out data from these batteries does show up in the Local tab of Victron Connect, so the battery data is being "advertised" by the batteries. As well I should point out that all devices are Bluetooth only; I am not using any wired VE.Direct connections to the GL520

VRMgloballinksmart lithium
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Not all devices with VE.Direct, nor all devices with Instant Readout, are supported by the GlobalLink - have a look at the "Product Compatibility" page (page 7) of the user manual!

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@msmelko And to add to what @Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA said, even though the Smart Lithium appears and is selectable in the list of smart devices on the GlobalLink, it is not compatible. This is a bug in the firmware and will hopefully be fixed with the next update.

1 Like 1 ·
msmelko avatar image msmelko commented ·

Thanks Justin, I think the fact that the batteries connected to the GL520 lead me astray. That along with the text above the table on page 7 saying "The data from devices connected via VE.Direct and via Instant readout can then be monitored via the VRM portal" lead me to think the list was possibly not an exhaustive list. Appreciate your help!

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation