question

olvd avatar image
olvd asked

MPPT Internal temperature sensor issue

My MPPT 100/30 is reporting a -1°C while the temp was over 20°C. This was preventing the charger to be activated as I set a +5°C temperature protection for my Lifepo4 battery pack.

Is there anyway to reset a set the internal temperature sensor?

Thanks.

MPPT ControllersTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @OlvD

The internal Temp of the mppt isn't published. Anywhere. Maybe you have another T reading in your system networked across?

But I vaguely recall a random issue with T shown incorrectly for some users, that was reported fixed. I think it was in Victron Connect, so try updating the app. If that doesn't work, try updating the mppt firmware.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

olvd avatar image
olvd answered ·

Hi John,

The negative temp was reported via the Victron Connect app viewing the MPPT object. To make the MPPT charging again I just disabled the low temp protection that was set to 3°C within the MPPT settings (I have a LifePO battery pack). The MPPT restarted charging immediately after I disable the protection. I will check and update as needed the VC app and see if it changes something. Thanks again for your feedback.

2 |3000

ruslan-jackson avatar image
ruslan-jackson answered ·

It happened to me too, then the problem disappeared after 5 minutes! Today it appeared again! The applications are all up to date, but the sensor always shows me -1°C. Even if it's +28°C outside. I have to lower the temperature limit to -2°C, to start charging the batteries!

Update: I just disconnect my devices from local VRM, and the error disapear....

2 |3000

lotechgreg avatar image
lotechgreg answered ·

Still an issue, just today I had to on again/off again the Low temp cutoff on my SS 150/45 to get it to start charging again, and, the same, + the Temp voltage compensation, to get my BSC 12/30 going again. All firmware's are latest.

2 |3000